FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..i did some searching and you can get a front lip off a jetta for the 96 lx. I'm wondering what year and modal of the jetta u can get it off from and are there any more cars that i can get if from due to the boneyard not having german made cars :cry:

Thanks,

chris

· Registered
5,229 Posts
I have seen that the lip off a 90ish Toyota Camry will work if trimmed up, but I think it looks like a piece of black rubber for landscaping. I say just try to get a GT bumper, it bolts right up and then you can run some fog lights.

· Registered
6,096 Posts

· Registered
3,149 Posts
The Jetta lip is from a Jetta III (1992-1999?). It's the one I have on my LX front bumper. I think it looks awesome.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
arrodinamics too

· Registered
6,096 Posts
i was close. i haven't smoked today yet. lol.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Just my .02 but if you had a rectangular hole cut above the air dam, (right in front of the radiator) wouldn't it serve as an extra boost for radiator cooling?

· Registered
6,096 Posts
u mean like this

· Premium Member
2,664 Posts
denisond3 said:
Whats the advantage to having a front lip under the front bumper?
I believe the factory put those little ones on to help reduce drag/turbulence under the car. So it's suppose to help fuel economy. I don't know how much it really does, but it must at least a little for them to spend the time and money to put them on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.