FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
It's not too bad to do, but if the pad retaining pins are siezed (and probably will be) it can become a big pain in a hurry if you don't have the right tools or the pins mushroom over. Last time I did mine the pins were seized to no end. I ended up having to cut and grind them out. But asides from that, buying all the parts at Canadian tire (premium parts), and a hardware kit from midas, it was about $200 after tax to replace everything. That was all new pads, both rotors, new pins, anti-squeak and some fluid as well. Just make sure you have that hardware kit though. You'll need it.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would say that you can do the job easily by yourself, and that its not too expensive dependiing on what you want to use for hardware. (Premium vs. standard grade stuff) I recently did my front pads and rotors for my '97 lx and had no problems with any siezed parts. I was also able to do it for under 100 dollars in parts.

In regards to tools the only thing I needed that wasnt in my toolbox was a C-clamp (to push the piston back into its bore). I would say its a pretty easy do-it-yourself project, as long as the parts arent rusted to each other (like Matt was talking about)

Good Luck either way!

~Bug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.