FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have fried yet another tranny...well at least not completely i still have 3rd, 4th, 5th, and reverse.... just no 1st and 2nd. and i wasent even beating the crap out of it when it happened... i was on my way from Iowa to milwaukee, but since i was on my way to my sisters wedding i just kept going, drove it back to... i already have it halfway out and my friends picking up another tranny tommorow, should have it on the road by tuesday

·
Registered
129 Posts
i just fried mine too a week ago. i am having it done at the garage. i would do it but i need it bad since its my daily driver and i don't have time to fool around with it. i too lost first and second gear. it sucks. tranny ran out of fluid, it was bone dry. i was having a problem with fluid loss for a while but i thought i fixed it. guess i didn't. i know how ya feel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the old tranny pulled apart tonight, the 2nd gear syncro is in about 4 pieces and the differential has a sh!t-ton of play in it, im surprised i hadn't shelled this thing earlier

·
Registered
38 Posts
gluehead said:
i just fried mine too a week ago. i am having it done at the garage. i would do it but i need it bad since its my daily driver and i don't have time to fool around with it.
If you have some floor jacks and stands and a spare tranny ready to rock, you can swap the 5 speed with hand tools in an afternoon :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
i would have loved to do it but working alot of overtime and what not, i just don't have the time. it should be done tomorrow. i messed around with it all summer, mostly body work, rust spots and dings. i'm kinda tired of working on it. somehow it seems i have more money than time. having a scort i can afford it since its paid off, insurance is dirt cheap. and great gas milage. can't wait to get it back on the road

·
Registered
129 Posts
i would have loved to do it but working alot of overtime and what not, i just don't have the time. it should be done tomorrow. i messed around with it all summer, mostly body work, rust spots and dings. i'm kinda tired of working on it. somehow it seems i have more money than time. having a scort i can afford it since its paid off, insurance is dirt cheap. and great gas milage. can't wait to get it back on the road

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got it in and running, this tranny has a shorter second gear than my old one .. the one i just put in is out of a 94. i seem to recall reading somewher that there was a variance in gear ratios on some years though

·
Registered
129 Posts
i just got mine back today, works good so far. i also had a new clutch put in it since it had the original clutch in it. feels good having it back on the road since i was driving a grand am beater car for a week and a half.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.