FEOA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Firstly, I'm a somewhat new memeber and have been driving my '94 EGT as a daily driver for the past few years.

I've just decided to turn this car into a daily driver/Project car instead of buying a second car. Originally, I had a Focus ZX3 in mind as a project car, but after having driven many of them, I've determined that they don't feel as fun or as solid to drive.

So in order to celebrate my decision to keep and hang on to this car, I've taken a few pics.

I'm looking for ideas and suggestions! Let me know what you think.

Vasilee

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
clean looking EGT! Can't believe it is a CA car, I don't see any RUST! Keep it that way as long as you can!

·
Registered
352 Posts
DONT TOUCH IT!! hahaha maybe lower it, and throw in a system, but that thing is CLEEAANN!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words!

I forgot to metnion, it is reletively low mileage for the year - It has only 155K Kilometers. There is some rust starting to bubble, but the floors are perfect. Body will be done next spring.

So future plans at the moment are...

-Catback

-New mags (originals are getting pretty nasty and corroded - All the winter salt)

-Strut tower braces (already being shipped from ebay)

I think I'll wait on lowering it since the struts are only a year or two old. However, if I were to, I read that ZX2 tokico struts are the way to go. Any thoughts on Intrax springs?

The next thing to be done is the timing belt, and after that, I'm expecting the clutch to start slipping soon, since I've rarely seen a Ford last more then about 160,000Km's on an original clutch.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Looks awesome! Keep it clean.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I love it, what did you do to the headlights, they don't look stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the good comments!

As for the headlights, it's true that they are not original, and are blacked out insde. I think it looks much better this way, and the photos don't do them justice.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Looks good. Drop it and Turbo it, it'll look awesome, and run pretty darn good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ValleyScort96 said:
car looks clean. how did you get a german liscense plate?
I used to live in Europe for a little bit, and the number plate was off of a rental car that I trashed... So I kept a souvenir! It's sort of a good luck charm, if you will.

--

My ebay strut tower braces came in the mail today, so I will check to see if they fit tomorrow!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just installed the front Strut tower brace and drewhall07 was right, even with the upright bend, it doesn't clear the brake/clutch resevoir.

I had to add a couple 3/8 washers to get it to clear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts