FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiyas...

When I log into the site, I usually click the "Forums" button on the main page, then click the "View new posts since your last visit" link. All well and good, so far... and I'm given a page listing all the topics that have posts since my last visit (as expected).

Then, probably half the time I'm going through that list, clicking on the little icon to the left of the topic title (View new posts), I'll get a page that says "No new posts since your last visit" rather than the (expected, and previously calculated and displayed on the "results" page from which I clicked) the new post(s).

If I click on the topic title itself (or the last enumerated page of a multi-page topic), I can then read through to the last post I remember reading before and pick up the (aha! there are new posts here, see!!) new posts.

...question is, why does the Forum software forget that it just told me there are new posts that I haven't read sometimes?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
i've had that bug come up a few times, but not from the method of reading that u do, but just from viewing a post now and then. it's like it locks it out for me or something. i just use the last 25 posts and gauge it by the one i last posted in

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I usually tend to just use the top 25 and memorize the last post I read so I know where to start up. Anything newer than that will be above it, (except if that thread you remember is posted just before you come back...etc)

It usually works. I dunno. :wink:

My problem with the server is the damn thing brings back a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" lots of times when posting or trying to go to another topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.