FEOA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
tell ya what ill look into the cost of copying it and see if you would be intrested

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
yeah, that's a KC-KE brace, which would equate to a 88-89 tracer. I PMed Pierce a few days ago with a fender brace for a BG chassis, which should fit the 2nd gens and KF-KH Lasers

·
Registered
552 Posts
I was going to buy a cheap mandrel bender and make those kinda things for my car. But that is only because I am seriously considering removing all the sheetmetal and skinning the car with fiberglass and carbon fiber overlays.

I may have taken my hatred of rust a little to far....

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dave94LX said:
yeah, that's a KC-KE brace, which would equate to a 88-89 tracer. I PMed Pierce a few days ago with a fender brace for a BG chassis, which should fit the 2nd gens and KF-KH Lasers
Look harder at the picture, it's a BG. BF chassis only has 2 bolts holding the strut mount. 1989 was the first year for the Familia BG chassis.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
yes, I know what the pic is... but the listing is for an 89 ford laser. The 89 laser is a KE. The KF laser wasn't released until 1990.

If you look on eBay, they are selling these fender braces for the BG chassis for $150, same pics and all.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am down for one of these, I know i asked Pierce about it also a while ago.

I hope there is enough interest for them, which there should be since it should work on anything BG and maybe even an MX3

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
I would possibly be interested, but I would have to do some measurements. I don't know if they would fit with my X1 fenders

1 - 11 of 11 Posts