FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally gotten the car running again absolutely fantabulous (for the most part). Unfortunately whenver I drive it now the inside gets extremely foggy. I turn the windshiled defog on full blast and that seems to fight it fairly well, but the side windows get really foggy making it extremly difficult to see anything. Anyone have any ideas on this? It's a 91gt if that matters.

· Registered
235 Posts
Go pick up some Rain-X Anti Fog spray and put it on the inside of the windows.
I use 3M Wax & Adhesive Remover on my windshield, because it's about the same price for a huge can. I don't know if it'll do anything to tint, but it works on untinted windows better than anything that I've found.

· Registered
658 Posts
Sounds like you have a leak somewhere and the interior is holding moisture. Check your carpet for wetness esp under the dash. Also check the back of the car, spare tire well etc.

· Registered
10,893 Posts
Just don't breathe... then you don't have that problem!!! What I find works, although isn't always practical is I just crack a window about a cm and it seems to keep it from fogging. All you have to do is just crank the heat a slight bit more to offset it.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh I knew someone would suggest not breathing :)

Diane: I was thinking about that actually. My header core did crack and I had to replace it but didn't get to it before it leaked all over the inside of the car. I haven't been able to replace the carpet because I'm pretty poor at this point. So wetness in the carpet would definitley contribute to the fog on the windows?

· Registered
4,667 Posts
Check in the back where the jack sits. The leak is probably there or it's the cowl.

· Registered
658 Posts
Yep, a wet carpet would definately make the windows fog. I rarely have problems in my 86 unless snow/ice starts to build up outside the windows. Sometimes I get some fog on the back side windows on the passenger side but not like you are describing.

Yesterday I passed a 2g that was so fogged I'm suprised he could see outside.

The rainx anti fog does work, I've used it on cars where the rear defrost was broken. But it doesn't solve the problem.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alrighty then, looks like I'll be renting a Rug Dr. from Safeway sometime this week. I'll probably end up taking out the seats and center console and pulling the carpet back to mop up the coolant that's under the carpet, then put it back down and shampoo it. And while I'm at it maybe I'll try and get out those oil stains I left in the wife's Saturn :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.