FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today I went to get my car inspected (VA) .. I have the flipped hi/low beam headlights from EBay where the high beams are the low switch and vice versa. So here comes the tricky part. My aftermarket fog lights are on a separate switch but they want them to be on only when the low beams are on. Would you: A) rewire the headlights and then splice to the low beam line, or B) just splice into the high beam line and leave it reversed? I have no problems with the low=high and high=low thing. I also am fully capable of flipping of the fogs when I use my high beams, which is rarely as I don't drive at night much. Thanks to the state of VA, I must now rewire my car , so which option would you do? Oh and he passed the car, but under the understanding I would splice it correctly. Or is there an option C, other than removing said fog lights completely.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
just have the foglights power source come from the low beam wire.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my case though, wouldn't that mean the fogs are on with the high beams since the wiring is reversed in the headlights?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, just switch the wires at the headlight bulb connector. You should just need a couple of jewelers screwdrivers to extract the incorrect wire/pin and switch them. Much easier than having to chop up the wiring and soldering it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I successfully switched the pins around, so the high and low beams are correct now. Big question is, can I just splice the fogs into the existing headlight wire or should I go the relay route? I've been looking at diagrams for the wiring and it keeps getting more confusing. They are 2-55w fogs. Would they overload the fuse to the headlights? other big question is which wire is the low beam, red or white? I assume black is the ground. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Yep, go the rely route. One rely will operate both fogs. Just tap the low beam wire and run it to the rely trigger and put a switch on the other trigger to ground. I have mine wired this way except I tapped the parking lights instead. Too bad you can't run your fogs with the high beams. I do it all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts