FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
No.

1.9 HO headers, focus SPI shorty headers, and the Pacesetter header (for the 1.9 - don't buy it, it's in the wrong firing order and will rust out unless you rep aint it.) will all fit on your car.

·
Registered
914 Posts
The shorty SPI headers are a direct bolt on. You'll need new exhaust gaskets, but other than that it should just be a direct replacement. I.E. no welding, no new pipes, it should take you... hardly any time at all to put them on, once you have them. Unbolt the old one, remove it, replace the gaskets, put the new one on. Also, you will probably melt your fan casing slightly. It's normal, apparently, so don't worry too much about it.

I'd like a set, but I'm leaning more towards the HO headers, they're cheaper (harder to find, though) and produce a lot more power for NA stuff (you can't use the shorties for turbo anyways.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They don't make a full cat back exhaust for my 1997 lx so im thinking about buying a new cat, new muffler, and using the shorty headers how can i attach the short headers to my new exhaust?

·
Registered
914 Posts
You don't need to buy it, you can have someone do it custom for not very much. If you're going to be replacing your entire exhaust, you should just go for the HO header.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Erm. They don't really sell them online, dude, you have to go to a junkyard and pull them out of a 1st gen GT. Then they might need a little cleaning up, depending on their condition... But they usually run somewhere around 50 bucks. Whereas the SPI shorties are 200.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I ordered the SPI shorty header and the SPI down pipe I will keep you posted. It was made for a focus but I figure I can work it in with a high flow cat and 2.25" piping all the way back. I need more top end anyway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts