FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just talking to mighty, and I remembered this funny little story. Last year, during the first semester of my senior year in high school, I took electric tech, and I was the only senior in the class, the rest were sophomores, and they weren't what you'd call the cream of the crop in brain power. Anyways, we're sitting there, and I'm bored off my arse as usual, sitting in the back of the class, and this idiot sophomore raises his hand and asks what a flux capacitor is. (Which, for the uninitiated, is the doodad in the car in back to the future that allows it to travel through time. Obviously these don't exist in real life.) So he got laughed at. Was pretty funny, the entire class made jokes at his expense for the entire class period after that... I almost felt sorry for him. Guess you had to be there. But the stupidity... so... overwhelming...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. There's some dude who lives out in chesterfield Valley, if you're ever around there, who's at the steak and shake and red robin (restuarants there) who drives one. I see him practically every time I go there. I offered to trade my dad's truck for his car and he said no. But c'mon! Who wouldn't want a 96 F-150??

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck getting it up there within a decent amount of time. From what I've heard they're kind of slow. I tried to race one in my dad's truck and either he accepted and it was the slowest car I had ever seen, ever, or he wasn't really trying. I supect the latter. ;) Maybe he didn't wanna go back to the 1950's.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There is a guy who collects cars. He lives down the street from my parents. He has two DeLorians–one of the "regular" ones and one that was painted black at the factory. Supposedly they only made like four of them or something. He let me sit in them. It was hot.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I was unaware that and of the DeLoreans were ever painted black. Stainless steel doesn't really like to let paint stick. And wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using stainless steel? I don't really know. I think I will have to see if I ca find any references to a factory painted black DeLorean.

·
Registered
709 Posts
That didn't take long. Sorry, no black Deloreans from the factoryc.

http://www.delorean-owners.org/legend/index.html

Here is a cut and paste of the part that matters.

After receiving the technical specifications for the new model, Giugiaro presented a design that looks as modern today as it did in 1981. The lines of the DMC-12 are no-nonsense and sleek. The car's elegant low profile and swept appearance reference a tradition of classic styling but with Giugiaro's futuristic touch. Even standing still, the DMC-12 appears to be in motion. The body - glass-reinforced plastic with high-quality grade-304 brushed stainless steel skin - sets the car apart from anything else on the road. The paint can't chip or fade, and it's impervious to rust. Some DeLoreans have been painted various colors by owners and by dealers who acquired the cars after DMC went into receivership, but with the exception of two 24-karat-gold-plated DMC-12s, all of the cars left the Dunmurry factory with gleaming stainless steel exteriors.

There we have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.