FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i was wondering about my 91EGT's shifter. it seems kinda floppy.
like when im in any gear, the stick just move freely from side to side. it stays in gear, but its just annoying. im thinking maybe its just because im used to driving my old car (89integra) but i still dont think it should do that. any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
My LX is the same way - if you get under the car and look at the shifter, you'll see there's lots of play there. All makes/models are different. Some are really tight. If you wanna tighten it up, you can do it easily with some grommets.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
highanddry said:
My LX is the same way - if you get under the car and look at the shifter, you'll see there's lots of play there. All makes/models are different. Some are really tight. If you wanna tighten it up, you can do it easily with some grommets.
sorry for my ignorence (sp?lol) but what are "Grommets"? sounds like a muppet lol

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Bushings, not grommets.

the Bronzoil bushings from corksport work great, they go between the shifter lever and the actuator rod, and also between the actuator rod and the transmisison. You need a set of 4 bushings for one car.

You can also get a Urethane bushing for the Stabilizer rod (different from the actuator rod) where it mounts to the transmisison from Energy Suspension. It comes with the Hyper Flex master kit for the ZX2, but I assume you can buy it individually as well. Try ZX2racing.com for the ES parts.

--sarge

·
Registered
465 Posts
ok I got 2 large/thick bushings with my kartboy shifter... where do these go? im guessing the stabilizer bar?

hope it eliminates some of the play in my shifter... its horrible.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
GTScort said:
ok I got 2 large/thick bushings with my kartboy shifter... where do these go? im guessing the stabilizer bar?

hope it eliminates some of the play in my shifter... its horrible.
If it's the two large bushings with a metal cylinder through the middle then it's the one for the stabilizer rod.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I got no bushings with my cartboy shifter. do they fit in the end of the shift lever, or are they bigger? if they're bigger, then they're probably replacements for the pivot bushings, they go on either side of the ball in the shifter, and hold it in place (with the stock spring that's already there).

--sarge

·
Registered
465 Posts
yea they're pretty damn large... there's no way they fit in the lever.

so i guess they go on the tranny... are these gonna help with the extra play in my shifter?

my stock lever bushings arent in the greatest of shape :?

·
Registered
465 Posts
highanddry said:
Or, as I suggested, you could buy some grommets for 10 cents and they work. Sure some nice bushings from Corksport will work, but I'm a cheap bastard.
yea I'm all about cheap

grommets for 10 cents it is...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts