FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on the interior. I got the back seat to fold flat by "deboning" the bottom cushion,

DSC_3300.JPG

That is removing the cover and sewing a piece carpet on the bottom, and a little stuffing in the bolster edges. I cut a piece of stiff foam to protect the fuel pump wires. The seat belts hold the cushion in place.

DSC_3302.JPG

DSC_3306.JPG

It's not uncomfortable, a lot like the jump seats in the back of old 911's, just a lot more head room.

While I was at it I've been sticking sound deadening every where. I used this stuff-

MP Global Products QW100B1LT-I put it everywhere there is a flat spot, Using 3M spray cement.

Turns out the FatMat .80 is cheaper than two layers of the Home Depot stuff. https://www.fatmat.com

Carpet from Rock Auto turned out ok, needed some pushing- pulling and gluing.

·
Super Moderator
6,050 Posts
I used to take the bottom out entirely to make the seat fold flat.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Might want to add in a thin layer of high density closed cell foam to improve back seat comfort without losing the flat layout you want.

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might want to add in a thin layer of high density closed cell foam to improve back seat comfort without losing the flat layout you want.

John
When I started this I thought about carving the seat foam, or padding it out some how.

Then, I came to the realization that, I don't ride back there, I just want it to look good.

Cheers,
JC

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
When I started this I thought about carving the seat foam, or padding it out some how.

Then, I came to the realization that, I don't ride back there, I just want it to look good.

Cheers,
JC
Thats all good but what about the japanese models? LOL!

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts