FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright... I know it offers nothing in the way of added HP, but it looks cool as hell. How does one make flames shoot from the exhaust pipe when reving the engine or at high RPM's? I was told of an old fashioned method of mounting a spark plug inside the end of the exhaust tip, but there's got to be a better way. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The plug in the pipe won't work with out emisson controlled cars. Not enough hydrocarbons left unburnt.

What needs to be done is an extra fuel injector mounted into the side of the exhaust...with a spark plug.

Injector has to be spliced off the fuel line...and the plug on a momentary switch spliced into the ingnition module/plug wire

·
Premium Member
8,425 Posts
Skuce said:
The plug in the pipe won't work with out emisson controlled cars. Not enough hydrocarbons left unburnt.

What needs to be done is an extra fuel injector mounted into the side of the exhaust...with a spark plug.

Injector has to be spliced off the fuel line...and the plug on a momentary switch spliced into the ingnition module/plug wire
Or, (I say this on trucks)
Put a (normally closed) push button on the coil pack and run a spark plug after the muffler, than rev the motor and push the button to turn off the coil, the computer will continue to fire the injectors just not the spark plugs, so the unburned fuel makes it's way to the muffler where the spark plug there lite's it.
But you will need a seperate coil and igniter for the muffler spark plugs on coil pack vehicals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
first off you have to build the igniter to fire a coil and the tailpipe mounted sparkplug. almost all the parts for the igniter can be purchased at radio shack for less than 20 bucks. i will have to get back to you on the igniter because i am short of time right now. next you need a toggle switch , coil , coil wire and sparkplug. all of this is mounted in my trunk with the coil wire running out thru the spare tire compartment to the the exaust tip. the switch can be mounted anywhere near the driver all the switch is for is to turn on the spark plug i also mounted a indicator light on the dash so i know when the spark plug is on. now all you need is a spring loaded switch push button switch to give yourself but here is where i had my diffulculty the swicth has to be on all the time and when you you depress the switch it should be off. this way there is always power to the coilpack of the engine until you hit the switch. this way you can just momentarily kill spark to your engine allowing unburnt fuel to travel thru the exaust and beignited at the rear of the car. the hotter the exaust the faster it travels. so i usauly have to wait for the car to be at operating temp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i used mapp gas once but it is so brite when it burns with the exaust gas that i was afraid i would impare the vision of the would be tailgater. so i am just using the unburnt fuel for now unless i realy want a big flame then i turn on the propane also. the propane won't ignite by itself with the car running but if you wait and listen for the unburn fuel to ignite and the release the propane i can get about a six foot flame.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.