FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after putting in about $5-600 worth of my own fixing into a $500 egt, I finally have it running pretty well and reliably. I just have a couple of more house cleaning things to do.

1) I should replace the valve cover gasket, as I'm getting a little seapage from around it.

2) Thanks to someone elses comment, I just cleaned out the radiator overflow hose. It was caked with crap and didn't do a damn bit of good.

3) The down pipe (or flex pipe) from the exhaust manifold needs replacing. Anyone know of a decent cheap one? I have gotten a quote of $75 for one, uninstalled.

4) One of my a/c vents is broke and could be replaced (it's on the passenger side, so hasn't bothered me too much.) Anyone know how to replace it? It's the vent to the far right and is just the louvers that need replacing. Is it just a piece that is glued on or is it screwed in from the back?

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
The exhaust part you speak of I got at Canadian Tire. I forgot the price but I'm seeing a figure like $80 Canadian.
The vent, I think but am not sure because I haven't done it, just snaps in. So I would go to the wrecker's and try some until you get one out without wrecking it. Buy that one and then you will know how to take your old one out.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
You mean the upper body vent piece for the heat/ac? I have 6 of them laying around my room. I'm not sure if they're all interchangable, but I do know to replace the vent piece itself you'll have to take the dash completely apart. So unless you're doing a major mod to the dash, It wouldn't really be worth it. But I do have extra vents laying around (and an extra black shroud if anyone wants it).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, James, I'm talking about just basically the vent, the part where you direct where the air goes. It's not completely broke, but only one part moves up and down when I move the tab. The rest I have to move by putting my finger between them and moving them. I imagine I would have to unscrew it from the back side of the dash to get it off though, huh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts