FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
One connecting rod because he broke a piston. so he got a new piston pressed on. While he was at the machine shop he got his crank regrind. Unfortunately He has the wrong main bearings so the exp has to wait again :(

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EscorGo said:
I guess I missed the story...why only one connecting rod?
Well, what I am doing here is combining two blown up engines. I had one that I spun a bearing on, also ruining the rod, and one that broke a piston. So, I had the bad piston pressed off of a bad rod, and a good piston pressed off of a bad rod to make one good piston and one good rod. The other 3 from the spun bearing engine were all in fine shape.

1st snag....the main bearings seem to be wrong.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Were the mains ground undersize to compensate for damage from the spun bearing? Shouldn't be a problem for strength, but what does the plastigage say is the oil gap between the journals and bearing material? I know you can get .010" and .020" undersize bearings easily.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
sucks about the turbo, but the exhaust sounds pretty nice. Check out the new vid on my myspace page... just put up a new video of the blue car.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My next turbo will be a T3/T4. I re-gapped my plugs yesterday, which helped out my car a lot. It was running pretty rough under boost. I still have a bit of a boost leak I think. I did get to blow the doors off of an S2000 and a new Civic Si last night, even with the car not running 100%...or really even close to it. 2k oil pressure is about 30ish if I remember right, with the max hitting about 60. This is running 10/30 dino oil.

Dave: The only two videos I see on there were posted in 2006 and 2007?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.