FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bought a pair of Fog lights. These ones.
They're made by Blazer and installed fairly well. They are wired separately right now. I really like the beam pattern on them and they shine WHITE(not blue crap). I've only had them 2 nites and no "flashes" from other drivers, but I doubt I'll drive with them on alot.

Anyways, a wee little problem...maybe. (If you don't want to read tired induced banter skip to the end of the next paragraph).

Today I deliver a set of drawings to one of the buildings we are working on and park the car at 2pm. At 5 pm when I leave I go to turn the key and NOTHING , no lights, no sounds, no horn, no freaking solinoid clicking. So I get someone to give me a boost and I got lights back :) but still no start or solinoid noise. After a few more boost and a bit of waiting it started on its own.... we figure my alarm has protection or just got screwed up...whatever. Back to my point(s).

1)Could the fog's have drained my battery somehow(no I did not leave my lights on)? an if so how to fix it.
2)Any other ideas on the no start?

just a few more questions
1)How can I wire these fog lights into the existing fog light switch/toggle?
2)Can you rewire your lights so your "fogs or other lights" are DRL?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would think that if you run the wiring to the lights from an accessory wire, instead of an "always on" wire, then the lights will only be on when your accessories are on. Then you can just leave the switch on all the time, or remove the switch completely if you want to. No guarantees, just an idea.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Has this happened more than once or was this the first time? your lights probably arent draining your battery unless you have a bad alternator. other than that check your wiring..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was the first time it happened and my alternator was replace last year.
The car's been running fine, I just haven't hooked the fog lights back on yet.... hopefully it was just a fluke with the weather and battery connection being bad. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I say hook them back up and make sure all connections are tight and clean.. (splices, if any, and battery terminals).. it wont hurt to try it again and see what happens..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I hooked them up again, cleaned the crap out of the terminals and haven't had a problem for 2 days...

Anyone know how to splice into the stock switch? I want the lights to turn off with my normal lights so I can't leave them on. My aftermarket system has 3 wires, and the stock one has 4 ??? Also when doing that can you make it so you only need to turn the parking lights on to use the fog lights??? I can across it before but can't find it again.

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would suggest the simple method of following the parking light wires back to where they came from then just splice them in around that area.. (you should only need to splice in the positive wire).. but I really wouldnt do this until someone else comments, they may have a better idea..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.