FEOA Forums banner

Filled my trunk. Louder than 02' cobra w/ straight pipes!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SpecBEE 
#1 ·
Yeah, after problems pileing up ontop of one another they seem to have resolved themselves for now. *knock on wood*

So to the point, instead of the single 10" in the trunk, I seem to have acquired two more.
Yep, three 10's.

Whole system's running on 700 watts.
I know it doesn't sound like much, but here's the line:
My buddy has an 02' cobra with a 22psi positive displacement supercharger, rebuilt internals, and straight pipes. It puts out arround 650 hp.
So a tech guy he knows brings a db meter and puts it behind his car and he revs the engine. It got to a solid 103db on the meter.
Next its my turn, so we put thhe meter on the driver seat of my car, turned the engine off to avoid measuring engine noise, and rolled the windows down. Completely flat my stereo ran 106db at 71Hz.

That's louder than sitting next to the exhaust of a drag-ready v-8.

If possible, my next goal is 120db with two 12's, four 6.5's, two 6x7's, 2200 watts, and a 250 amp alternator.(though it's probably not going to happen)

Hooray for unaffordable stereos!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah. Anything less than 120 isn't really loud. And 71 htz is not very musical for bass. You'd want to peak in the 40s to sound pretty good on music. Maybe 70hz if your only doing burps for comps.

I had a pair of 12s in a 89 eLX that did 145.5 dbs on 600 watts, tuned to 30 htz. JL 12w3v2 subs when they first came out.

If you want to get loud, people here can help. I've been doing car audio for over ten years, and Neuman has been in it a long time as well.

If you let us know what you have and what you plan to get, maybe someone can help you.

#4 ·
what told you that it was 71hz? what 3 tens are you running. more detailed specs would be great because i know i could help you turn out greater numbers. besides that the db meter you ran is not TL or worse case an AC mic. an more speakers doesn't mean better. screw the 6x9's! if you want audio get a nice set of components or two and put them in the doors. then run whatever you want for subs a single 15 would be nice. you would achevie 140+ in a heartbeat!

NEUMAN

#5 ·
I hit 117db on a single 10" Xplod Specialty powered by a shitty Xplod amp. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.