FEOA Forums banner

Feeling horny

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Juggernaut 
#1 ·
my horn broke in my 91EGT.

My voltmeter reads that it sends about 14V to the horn, and I´m wondering what my options are for horn replacement. I was hoping to get my hands on a really unique horn, maybe from a lamborghini or something, just for bragging rights.

I was also considering a compressed air horn, but I´m not sure how they work. I was hoping that I could modify the air conditioning pump and basically hook it up to a small 9oz CO2 storage tank. I was planning on making a fakey BOV, and I was thinking about hooking up a horn at the same time.

#7 ·
most semi trucks have an air brake system and therefore have a compressor that runs off the motor supplying to air reservoir tanks. on the trucks i work on almost everything is run using air. brakes, pumps, suspension, horns, etc. :)

why not go air ride, and have full access to air. not only could you chalk up a few points for looks and ride, you could also scare the hell out of everyone on the drag. maybe kill a few small animals along the way!!! :-] :-]

#10 ·
tell me more about this solenoid operated compressor...

reason why I ask is because I´ve been wanting to basically make a small storage tank of compressed air (at maybe about 30psi) and hook it up to a BOV.

Basically, I´d like an air compressor (doesn´t have to be a super duper one or anything) but I´d like to power both the air horn and the fakey BOV off of it.

My Air conditioning shit the bed due to bad lines, so I was hoping to basically pull it off and modify it to a regulated storage tank that would power the BOV and air horn...

Anyway, how cool would it be to have an authentic BOV sound on your scort? heh heh heh...

#14 ·
If you want an air horn, the best thing to do would be an Air ride set up..you have an endless supply of air from your tanks...as far as an air horn from a lil´ car shop "PepBoys,AutoZone,etc..", they sound like shit..sounds as if your are stepping on a rat when you hit the horn, just a simple squeak..not too suave at all....like I said, if you could get the air ride set up, endless supply of air, hit a salvage yard, find an old 18 wheeler and snatch the horn....I think it would be QUITE menacing :-]

#17 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
15-04-2003 at 16:25, 92gt5spd wrote:
siragen, werent u the one complaining about attention to ur car a while back?...a fake BOV, any fake bov electric or air, well its rice..wanting ur car to be something it isnt...might as well go make urself a "turbo" look alike and mount it in ur car or something.....
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

lol i´ve got a blow dryer that looks verymuch like a turbo actually, just not as wide / thick. that would be hilarious to see mounted!

#20 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
15-04-2003 at 18:06, Mibz wrote:
i´ve got a blow dryer that looks verymuch like a turbo actually
w00t! Something to add to our project car. Along with the skateboard for a spoiler, cardboard hubcaps, spray chrome racing stripes and Calgary Stampeder stickers to make our Topaz a Mustang.
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

lol the quote tags need capitalization...

but instead of a skateboard, as some of those can be expensive (the really 1337 l00king ones), try this:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.