FEOA Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After running a best of 14.7 in my previous EGT......

I traded her to join the wonderful world of turbocharged, rear-wheel-drive vehicles. Here's my new race car -

'88, Bi-plane spoiler <3, 5 speed, 170k kms (yes, it's sooo EDM that the speedometer and odometer read in kilometers instead of miles). Just a few minor mods so far, but it's a fun little car.

I've had a blast with you kids, and some day I may return, but for now, it's on to a slower car with more potential for fun. I loved my EGT just as much, if not more, than all of you love your cars, but you just can't compare it to a more powerful, better handling, rear-driver.

I'll miss you guys. <3 One day, I may return.

Keep it farking real, kids.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Farewell mister TitoElSpicco! Hope you'll come back some time!

And you didn't do like james and some other :p Buy honda!

Hope you'll have more fun with that car than the EGT ;)

Take care!
Charles

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
TitoElSpicco said:
yes, it's sooo EDM that the speedometer and odometer read in kilometers instead of miles
Or it could have come from Canada where we, like 99% of the rest of the world, use the Metric system :roll:

Have fun. A little work and you'll have major HP in no time :wink:

Matt 8)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) Thanks guys.

fixitmattman said:
Or it could have come from Canada where we, like 99% of the rest of the world, use the Metric system :roll:
It actually originally sold at 'Orlando Lincoln' in Florida, somehow ended up in New Jersey, then ended up here in Virginia.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
TitoElSpicco said:
It actually originally sold at 'Orlando Lincoln' in Florida, somehow ended up in New Jersey, then ended up here in Virginia.
Cool. Having a story behind a good car is always great :wink:

America still sucks for not using the Metric System though :p

Matt 8)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sweet ride, Tito! Glad to see you're going with a four banger import, despite all the american muscle being teh fast4r :D

A guy showed up to one of our autocrosses last year with a Merkur beater that he'd just finished getting back into shape. It was ugly, but it was absolutely effing mean. Was wearing hoosiers and left a nice mean black skuff across the parking lot when he took off.

If I ever get around to a BP swap, I'll be hitting you up for some cheap track tuning advice.

Keep us updated on the new ride... please. :)
fixitmattman said:

Matt 8)
Very true. :(

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha Thanks guys.

Beav - the car itself may be considered import, but the engine is about as domestic as it gets. It originated in the early 60's and first went into production in the early 70's in Ford Pintos.

.. and yes, they can be mean. I already have a PILE of parts waiting to go on.. ::sigh:: Wish me luck. These bolts look rust-prone.

·
Registered
822 Posts
fixitmattman said:
TitoElSpicco said:
Cool. Having a story behind a good car is always great :wink:

Matt 8)
i like my 0-60 time very much.... i don't want no 0-80k time or somethin, (idk the conversion) but i also like having metric AND standard wrenches..... it gets boring using the same wrenches all the time, it just takes longer to fix stuff

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
It's a zero to 96.56064km time, we just use 100km :wink:

You said you're studying Mech Eng right? I don't know if your curriculum is hardcore imperial or not, but if you get to use metric units you will see how much better it is. No stupid ass conversions. It's all based on exponents of 10.

Yeah, I'd only have half the tools as well if I dumped Imperial, but it'd be worth it :D

Matt 8)

·
Registered
822 Posts
fixitmattman said:

You said you're studying Mech Eng right? I don't know if your curriculum is hardcore imperial or not, but if you get to use metric units you will see how much better it is. No stupid ass conversions. It's all based on exponents of 10.

Yeah, I'd only have half the tools as well if I dumped Imperial, but it'd be worth it :D

Matt 8)
well, i haven't started at college yet... i start the 25th... so we'll see what it's like..... but i think it's going to be a balance between imperial and metric, because alot of the american autos are imperial, but then about the same ammount are from japan, and are metric. plus, in the senior project that i'd like to get involved with, they work with japanese crotch rocket engines, and they build a mini formula racer, with this engine..... so i'm assuming that they must have a good background with the metric system, and probably incorporate it into their designs of the racer..... you should check it out.... it's pretty cool. i'm posting the link to the site for my school, and the link also has a picture of the mini formula car they made this past year i believe..... does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds. my school's cars in previous years, i can't remember which one, but one of the cars they built won car and driver's road course test for the college formula SAE racer program, where they had alot of colleges participating, and competing for the title heh

·
Registered
822 Posts
fixitmattman said:

Matt 8)
well, i haven't started at college yet... i start the 25th... so we'll see what it's like..... but i think it's going to be a balance between imperial and metric, because alot of the american autos are imperial, but then about the same ammount are from japan, and are metric. plus, in the senior project that i'd like to get involved with, they work with japanese crotch rocket engines, and they build a mini formula racer, with this engine..... so i'm assuming that they must have a good background with the metric system, and probably incorporate it into their designs of the racer..... you should check it out.... it's pretty cool. i'm posting the link to the site for my school, and the link also has a picture of the mini formula car they made this past year i believe..... does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds. my school's cars in previous years, i can't remember which one, but one of the cars they built won car and driver's road course test for the college formula SAE racer program, where they had alot of colleges participating, and competing for the title heh

http://www.ltu.edu/engineering/formula_car.asp

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Most new american autos are a mixture of metric and imperial stuff. They're slowly working their way to all metric.

Given enough time, the only thing imperial on new cars will be the wheel diameter.

Your physics classes will usually stick with metric to keep things simple. If your professors are thorough they'll throw some hardcore imperial metric word problem conversions at you at some point just be realistic.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Yeah, not only do I get my physics/mechanics questions in both units, I get those stupid ass stuborn questions in both units. Oh well, it's not really that hard, I just like to complain :roll:

Yeah, I wanted to do the Formula SAE comp, but our school doesn't have a team for the Formula series, and despite my lobbying, they wouldn't start a team for me. We have had many people design the BAHA competition cars, but we've never built one, nor competed. Last years group plans to build their car to race at the 2005 event. I submitted my proposal for my major design project and put in for drivetrain design on the 2006 car. If we can get enough members, I'll get the drivetrain position.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Oh, so sad. :(

All you college and university students (especially the engineers) out there, just freeze everything for a second here.

You're forgetting what "higher learning" is all about: beer and girls. Don't let your school work get in the way of your education. You have a duty to present an image that is of great concern to your parents; otherwise, you've simply become like your parents (boring).

Once you've graduated and have a job, then you can re-invent the wheel. Kids these days, huh Beav?

Now wasn't this post about Tito's departure? Chant: Ti-to Ti-to Ti-to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts