FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just done this mod to my 91 EGT and it starts and runs which is a good thing lol. My question is, has anyone else done this mod and if so was it worth it, did you notice the difference, was there anything else that needed to be done to accomidate this mod (timeing advancement, ect)??? Right now I dont have a timing light so I dont know if my timing is advanced or not or can I do it accuratly. Other then that everything is stock on my engine.

Redlined Man

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the timing advanced about 18 degrees. It has been advanced the whole time. I cant find a cheap RX7 MAF anywhere. There is one on ebay but not sure if it will work or not cuz I cant read the ID tag on it. Does the rx7 maf fit directly in the stock spot and hook up to the stock air intake stuff?

Redlined Man

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did the mod on my dirt car before my brother did his. We got a chance to run together in a practice race. In the straights my car was definately quicker than his. He did the mod the next week and his car now keeps up in the straights. People have seen as much as 18 whp with this mod, certainly worth the effort. The RX7 VAF isn't required for this, but it adds a little. As far as timing, it's not a requirement either, but the best hp levels have been seen at 18-19* advance at idle. Either run octane boost or premium fuel with this timing, or both. These cars will not detonate with low octane fuel, but as a result the computer will pull timing to compensate and you will lose some power.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had to build a new car (as some of you know) and I put the engine from my 91 into my new 94. My question is this, we had a few problems this past saturday night with the cam timing so I had to reset it, after I reset the cam timing it idled about 800 rpm and loped (I think thats the term for it). When we got it home and inspected it sunday we found the timing belt was getting bad so I put a different one on and got it all timed and now it idles at 1000 - 1200 and very smooth, is this supposed to idle smooth or rough? My mid season championship is next saturday so I want to make sure I bring my "A" game to the track. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Redlined Man

·
Registered
331 Posts
Redlined_Man said:
I have had to build a new car (as some of you know) and I put the engine from my 91 into my new 94. My question is this, we had a few problems this past saturday night with the cam timing so I had to reset it, after I reset the cam timing it idled about 800 rpm and loped (I think thats the term for it). When we got it home and inspected it sunday we found the timing belt was getting bad so I put a different one on and got it all timed and now it idles at 1000 - 1200 and very smooth, is this supposed to idle smooth or rough? My mid season championship is next saturday so I want to make sure I bring my "A" game to the track. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Redlined Man
You want it to idle smooth. You may have been off slightly the last try causing the lopy idle. If it's smooth now ur in good shape

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.