FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got my new ride (2000 zx2..) and I have decided to already make a few upgrades to it.. for the intake I think Im going to go with the Hot Shot Intake system.. but what is bugging me is the exhaust.. Im thinking of just going with the pacesetter system but Im not sure if I'll like it or not.. does anyone know if this is a good choice and how well it sounds.. and does anyone know of what I could do for headers..

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
well... um...
I've never used a pacesetter exhaust system, and to be brutally honest, my exhaust system is totally ghetto engineered, and I've lost a lot of low end torque, but that's beside the point...

people... "feoa.net members"... say that the pacesetter is of poor quality and construction. they say that the way to go is with a custom build system.

Concerning the intake, I do have a little experience. The K&N FPIK cone filters rock. They have really exceptionally high quality stuff, and you don't need a filter from just specifically a ZX2. You can honestly use just about anything as long as the diameter is the same as on the other side of your MAF.

I dunno how the powerband on the 2.0L is, but if it's anything like the 1.9L, it will choke at 5000rpm and just totally suck right up to redline.

The 1.8L also dies out a little.

In the case of at least the 1.8L, it DRAMATICALLY helped to put a new intake in, not only for airflow, but also throttle response, which is pretty much instantaneous now.

hope that helps.. sorry I'm so bad wth 3rd gens.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
siragan said:
I dunno how the powerband on the 2.0L is, but if it's anything like the 1.9L, it will choke at 5000rpm and just totally suck right up to redline.

you mean that adding a conefilter on a 1,9l sefi is a bad idea !?!?!

aand yes the pacesetter header is not good at all...i have a web page that explains and show why...i'll try to remember the URL and post it in this section....just give me a min...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had heard pacesetter had some quality problems a while back, but they had it straight now (not the highest quality but good for the price). I was also told only get a coated header from them or expect to replace the standard header about every 2-3 years. So which story is correct?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See.. Im not as much worried about headers as I am a complete cat-back system... I have been looking for one and the only one I see is the pacesetter system.. does anyone know of any others out there.. besides the CTA and Hot Shot exhaust .. they are way to over priced for their shitty looks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts