FEOA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve been looking for some definative info on what exhaust parts will directly boly onto my `96 lx 1.9l. I found a link someone was kind enough to drop regarding the sweet corksport protege stainless system for the gt but, i`m still not sure if it would fit my lx. from what i`ve seen in my haynes manual ,they`re not interchangeable.however it looks as though some 3rd gen 2.0 systems are the same.i`m just wanting to get as much extra umph as possible out of my daily driver without dropping a huge wad of cash into it in the process(as are most folks i assume).if someone could clarify what years may be interchanchangeable or drop a link for any other aftermarket systems/parts for the `96 lx 1.9 it would be greatly appreciated! also would like to express my gratitude for all of the info others have shared on this site the past few years... it`s saved my family quite a bit of cash and headaches!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
you arent really going to get much if anything out of a catback, especially if your car is unmodified.

Believe it or not, I usually find the cheapest route is to find an exhaust shop and have them bend you up something. If you are looking for a little better sound, change mufflers. However, the SOHC is not the greatest sounding motor, just to warn you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exhaust mods

I INSTALLED A CUSTOM HIGH FLOW INTAKE AND AM WAITING FOR THE ARRIVAL OF A MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CAT. AS I SIT HERE .I WAS CONSIDERING A CUSTOM BENT SYSTEM BUT MONEY`S TIGHT RIGHT NOW.I HAD A REALLY NICE 2.5 SYSTEM BENT UP FOR MY `67 FIREBIRD YEARS AGO BY A LOCAL SHOP WHO COULD DO A NICE JOB LATER,BUT RIGHT NOW I AM THINKING ABOUT JUST GOING WITH A SUPER TURBO IN PLACE OF THE STOCK MUFFLER AND FABRICATING THE HANGERS.I`M JUST NOT SURE WHAT SIZE INLET I NEED TO DO THAT.ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE INLET I`D NEED FOR A UNIVERSAL MUFFLER SWAP?
OR IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A MORE SUITABLE UNIVERSAL MUFFLER.
THANKS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts