FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a kia headder, cam swap, k hybrid, intake, and advanced timing. I was wondering if the stock lx exhaust with a cat and turbo muffler are good anough or would it be best to go up to 2 1/4" to let it breath out better. And have a little burlery sound?

· Registered
5,387 Posts
I say keep it stock. Those mods aren't adding much power. You open it up and it's going to sound awfully loud.

My GTX only has 2.5" and it makes more than 100hp more than yours. I say no need.

Plus, I hate the sound of a fart cannon/big exhaust.

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car right now sounds like a fart can. Haha. And I think 2 1/4 would be perfect and give it a better tone.

· Registered
5,387 Posts
This is a 1.9? 88hp from the factory. With those mods - 93 hp. There's no need to upgrade an exhaust until you're much higher than that.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
No, he just did a BP swap. 2 or 2 1/4 would be ideal. Some guys have taken he exhaust pipe off a Neon and run that...I know. I still have full original exhaust, so no basis of comparison. But hope to upgrade it next year, it's pushing 20 years old.

· Registered
71 Posts
I can't remember - what is the stock pipe size for the 1.8L? 2 1/4"? I'd like to increase mine to 2.5", however as Yoda had mentioned, I would rather have it sound nice (not rice) and not obnoxiously loud.

I'd like to know this before I soon fix up my exhaust system due to leaks, if anyone could help.. (in the Tech & Repair section):
http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Fo ... ic&t=69906

· Registered
1998 ZX2
10,101 Posts
Stock pipe size for the 1.8 is 1 7/8", possibly 1 3/4" in some places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.