Okay gang, since I´m done eating I can write. LOL That header was a pain in the ass to get off. The car didn´t have any wheels on it so it was "draggin´ frame" and after all that rain in the last two weeks from the tropical storm Isadore and hurricane Lili that place was like a 4x4´s dream come true. It took me nearly an hour and a half to get the car high enough to get under it...and that´s not a whole lot of room either...the jack kept sinking the mud each time.
After getting the car up and on rims..LOL I started taking the bolts off from the header and flange. The exhaust pipe from the main header has some sort of EGR piping or something..not real sure. It is totally different from my exhaust. Also had some sort of metal brake line style connection right near the exhaust flange. It took me four hours and a can of penetrating oil to break the springed flange bolts loose. I got one flange bolt loose with no problem...well maybe some cut up knuckles and dirt in my eyes.
The last one was a real pain, it didn´t want to budge at all. The junkyard didn´t have a propane torch to use to heat it up any so after an hour of straining, I got pissed and went to my car, got a book of matches, went back under the other Scort and lite every damn one of them and held it under that bolt long enough before it burned me. And believe it or not the bolt came loose after a few more minutes of tugging on it with a wrench. All in all, I got the header for $20, sunburned real bad and enough cuts and scrapes to last me a couple more years...AHHHH! the join of working on cars.
Sleeper: You said running no CAT is bad, I would like to hear your comment on that. Thanks! Shiny: If this works out good enough, I will post pictures of it before and after. Keep your fingers crossed!!