FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So it sounds as though I have an exhaust leak, pre-cat. The cat is mid body on the car, so imagine a sound coming from somewhere about underneath the console's position on the car, maybe a bit further. It makes popping noises and such, and also is probably causing un-needed turbulence in the exhaust flow, resulting in a loss of horsepower. I have noticed a loss in horsepower, especially in the top end of my powerband. Seeing as how I do not have a steady income, what would you guys suggest as my best/cheapest fix for this problem?

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
If I were a betting man, I'd bet Beav's left nut that you've got a blown gasket at your flex pipe or cat. Easy repair. $3 for the gasket. Don't over-torque whatever you do - there are only two bolts.

By the way, if the sound is so faint that you're not sure you have an exhaust leak, the perceived loss of power is just that - perceived. When I ripped my flex pipe right off, it sounded like a Gaza Strip gun fight and I didn't lose any power. Get the car up on ramps witht he engine on and find the leak - it's really, really easy, even for a man with a broken heart.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
highanddry said:
it's really, really easy, even for a man with a broken heart.
That's harsh.... I thought everybody kinda forgot about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts