FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new toy :twisted:

Now I can get the front rad support welded in.

Then there's all the other fun things I can use it for like school projects, strut tower bars, tie bars............

:twisted:

Matt 8)

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically waiting for toy above to be purchased 8O

Just got to weld in the new rad support and it's a few nights work after that to assemble and fit everything. I'll probably need a few nights to see if I can save my door as well.

And then I have to find time to get it painted again :roll:

Matt 8)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Ah dude... great way to spend your money. *claps* Welcome to the world of custom stuff. The world is yours with a welder. And a shotgun.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice man! kinda looks like mine. I bought my 150 lincoln welder 2 years ago! and I never did regret it !

Few tips :

1- Treat the welding gun with respect ! dont twist the cable and dont weld too close or you'll dammage the tip!..

2- Pay attention when you load the steel wire on the distributor...the rolled wire tends to unroll pretty easily and you end up with a damn waste of steel wire :p

and wear and appropriate welding mask and clothes !! i set myself on fire a few times while i was welding with a cotton t shirt !! Also got a few face burns due to flashing ! ( dont use the close your eyes and tack technique for a long periode if time or your skin will dry and finally burn !

I wish i had the money to buy a TIG welder..man i need one bad ! :p

Hey...where do you get the convertion to aluminium kit? I would need that too but never saw that in stores !?!?!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
heh, I've had one of those sitting in my garage for a few years now, just never had the time to get to welding anything. maybe I should look into getting the mig and aluminum kits those would definitely come in handy where about are you geeting them from? anywhere that also has stores in the US? Although mine was my Grandpas... so I'm not exactly sure how old it is, but it works and that's all that matters to me.

Have fun! and definitely invest in proper welding gear. I personally wear a set of heavy leather gloves and sleeves (from my Grandpa's shop) and welding mask, just makes it that much easier to work without having to worry about burning yourself alive.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hey Matt,

need a hand..I work 4-11 every night and have Saturdays off...If you need a hand over the next couple weeks let me know...Email or call my cell.

John

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Electronikal said:
Hey...where do you get the convertion to aluminium kit? I would need that too but never saw that in stores !?!?!
Home Depot has them both the MIG conversion kit and the aluminium kit, Canadian Tire usually has them as well depending on which store you go to. TSC has them both as well.

Matt 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.