FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
air filter, leaks in intake, sensors, and whats the yr? also... how many mpg, and finally... are you driving the car hard? like around 5k rmps? hope this is some help if any.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Yeah...I´m fairly sure it has to do with the fuel delivery. Once I got my air intake and exhaust pipe fixed I was still only getting 19 mpg...it has to be something to do with the fuel filter, lines, rail, injectors or a combination of all of them. Try running some cleaner through them. or if you really to fix it, go get a new filter, lines, rail and injectors :-D

·
Registered
14 Posts
What year is your car? What I really want to know is: Does it have the Ford EEC-IV computer (Up to about ´93, I believe), or does it have one of the other PCM´s? (Powertrain Control Module) It could also be EEC-V or MECS (Mazda Engine Control System).

Once you know what you have, it´s easy to get in and check for trouble codes set by the computer. On an EEC-IV, all you need is a jumper wire, and an analog multimeter if you don´t have a "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" light.

Let the computer tell you what´s wrong; this will save you a lot of time and money, and frustration.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

:-D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you look at your spark plugs to see if they are off-color or have abnormal wear?

Also, are your wheels turning easily, not binding on breaks. Are the tires the right pressure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts