FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have heard two new noises coming from my ZX2. One is at idle when the brake is completely pressed in, a harsh rattle or vibration shakes the car. The 2nd is in any gear at 3000RPM when another vibration coming from the front of the car occurs. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to why these would happen?

·
Registered
389 Posts
If your Zx2 is automatic, then I bet the vibration you´re getting at idle is from the idle speed being a little too low.
That´s exactly what my 91 does most of the time. As for how to correct the problem, I can´t be of much help. I´m still looking for that answer myself. There is no idle speed adjustment on the 1.9L or 2.0L engines. Idle speed is controlled by the PCM (ECU). Maybe a sensor is clogged up or defective, and is causing the idle speed to drop.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Check the Idle Air Control valve. It´s on the throttle body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is manual transmission. Both vibrations are of different origin. The one from the brakes only occurs when at a complete stop. If I take my foot off the brake, the vibration will stop, if I completely press the brake in, the vibration will grow to be really loud. The other vibration comes from the front engine area and it´s only at 3000RPM. I´ve got no clue why either of these happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts