FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I believe it is in the junction block under the hood next to the coil on the driver's side fender well. Not only check the fuse, but the relay as well. Quick test of this system is: check to see if cooling fan runs when a/c is on. It should run on high any time the a/c is on; if this works then the fuse and relay are fine. Also, see if the compressor clutch engages when turned on; if not, then jumper pressure switch(usually located near accumulator) I don't know specifically, I took the entire system out during rebuild.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I don't know if this applies to all years, but in the '95 service manual it shows a fuse labeled "ADFAN" that covers the A/C clutch field coil. It is a yellow 20 amp fuse in the same row as the AIRBAG and ST SIGN fuses. The MAIN also covers the A/C system. This fuse is in the panel under the hood.
There is a circut breaker with a red button in the center of it on the panel under the dash. It is located above the fuses. This protects the heater-A/C blower motor. The REAR WIPER fuse also covers the A/C relays. It should be a red 10 amp fuse.
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.