FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, afternoon I recived a phone call informing that I was terminated from my job for my temper. The funny thing about it all is that The day before I had to tell 2 employees to quit using vulgar and sexually explicit language. I had been in charge of my department at the plant because my boss had been gone all week. I told these guys to stop becuse there was a certain female employee most of the comments were directed at and that someone had approached me and told she was becoming offended. I was then told that if she works in a plant she should be used to it and basically get over it. They would not listen to me so got the person directly over the plant and he told them to stop and they finnaly did!
The next night one of them informed me that he had spoke to our department head about it and that I was going to get in trouble and that I should not let the power go to my head. I then brought over the Plant Supervisor and he told them to stop and that we needed to speak to the department head. Well that morning we had a meeting with the department head and the manager in charge of our area I was told to go home and cool off by the department head. The manager told me he would investigate on monday when everyone had returned. Well later I got that call with the false claims of temper. I had beenwritten up 1 TIME for my temper, but they were claiming that I had three previous to this time.
Well my stepdad works at the same plant and he found out the person saying I had been written up and that I lost my temper was the department head. I knew she wouldn't be on my side anyway because she was flirting with the guy who had made the comments right before the meeting.
I don't know how long it will take me to find a new job. I filed for unemployment friday and they know the circumstances behind my termination, and I have to wait to see if I'm approved.
The sad thing is this weekend I was planning on buying a body-kit, a HO header, mx3 seats, and a few other toys with my income tax refund. Now I have to use that to pay my bills until I get another job or I get unemployment.
I guess I could look at this as good there is a chance I can go back to school, my schedule kept getting in the way.

Sorry for the long post I just had to get it all out of my system.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's admirable that you tried to keep an inoffensive workplace and cared about the opinion/feelings of fellow employees. Unfortunately, reality does not reward nice guys and you lost. Depending on your state, however, you may be able to file a wrongful termination suit. In VA, you have no recourse except for sexual/religious harassment and even that's hard to prove. But your state law may give you certain options to pursue, especially if your firing was at the prompting of a workplace romance. Company may be required to produce proof that you were written up 3 times, instead of the 1 that you claim. Failure to provide proof that you had been called on about your temper, and/or disciplined because of it, may result in your termination being rescinded. Of course, who would want to go back to work in that environment? Your compensation then would best be in cold hard cash.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I may have good news I had an interview this morning and they seemed pretty interested im me. Now I just have to wait until tommarrow so they can get approval from the big bosses. pray for me please :D

If I get hired I'll be delivering car parts for the company. The only problem is I have to learn to drive a manual, but I've got plenty of people to help me learn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.