FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i havent posted here in forever, so let me just say what all happened.

I told some ppl, but my engine blew. I broke off the exhaust valve and the piston swallowed it.

I bought an engine for 175. it was a 95 gt motor that only has 70K on it. I organized the days and i rented a lift from Nations Rent. Me and jordan from ERDT did the swap in a pizza hut parking lot and the work took 3 days to do. What a site. Loaded both the lift and the engine in a 98 eclipse gs. Got new engine back to work site and swapped everything needed over to car. jordan couldnt help after we got the engine lifted into car, so the next day i finished the work. Got everything together and the engine wouldnt turn over. Being stumped and pissed off, i had the car towed home to my friend's dad's house. We found out the engine wouldnt even think about turning over, even from the crank. Now i knew the engine turned when i bought the thing, so we decided to take the tranny off. one problem arose....we couldnt get the damn thing out. It was stuck on something and stuck good. 4 tons of force, 3 guys, a couple prybars, and 2 hours later, we finally got the damn thing off. Turns out i forgot to remove something. The engine had an automatic tranny to it origninally, and automatic tranny's dont have pilot bearings, instead a spacer. I had no idea this was there, i forgot about it, and me and jordan crammed on the tranny pushing the pilot bearing and spacer into same spot.

Problem solved and everything back together. Now the car wont start. turns over, but wont fire. Got the car to run when we sprayed starter fluid into the intake, but wouldnt run under its own fuel. This took 2 hours to figure it out. we were thinking that the fuel pump circuit was bad because we could ground the fuel pump at the diagnostic terminal and it would run. So we left it bypassed and i tried to start motor, still no luck. Having kept the injectors from the old motor, we swapped those over. wouldnt start still, so we started it with starter fluid. This time the car stayed running. It ran really shitty at first. but after i turned the car off and turned it back on, she ran great!!

The car drives really well. its amazing the power i notice after driving a gt at 176k compared to 70k.

The car is still grounded at my rents house for a few reasons. 1) i broke an o ring on the 2nd injector so it sprays fuel out the side. 2) Shifter linkage housing broke so the shifter rests down on the exhaust. Just waiting for Ford to get us the parts. 3) Need to put on brake pads for front set. and 4) need to fix my flat tire.

Just minimal things compared to swapping an engine out. A day of crap work and it will be done. Now i've finally got a reliable drive/power train thats under 100k. :D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
glad to hear you are making progress...I did notice that you had not posted in awhile...but figured maybe you were taking a break....hope you get all the details finished up and back on the road,,,damn it's hard to write this when drunk....lol

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hum,... nice coincidence :p My engine blow up 2 month ago... since I don't have or know someone with the tools to do the swap... I search for the cheapest garage and the cheapest/best engine that I can get, 650$ CA for the engine 56k on it, so :p and 250$ CA for the job.
And also.. did you get a warranty on your engine?! mine is 1 year warranty,...so i'm having some pleasure :p

I received my car last friday night :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.