FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am sure someone has asked this before, but I have looked through the past posts and couldnt find anything....I heard or read somewhere that one model of the MX3 had a small V6 in it....I was curious if this would be a possible transplant to a GT, and if so..What all would be needed from the MX3...The only reason I am asking is I am about to do alot of major work to my scort..it is soon to be parked and just left there to dally with with I get the time...but I want this to be one bad a$$ car...I know I could go with the gtx from corksport...but I was curious if I could find something a lil different and a lil less expensive.....and help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
802 Posts
I own a 93 GT, while my cousin owns a 93 MX-3 (V6). They are both 1.8L, both DOHC, both 16 valves, they are very similar.. The V6 doesnt incorperate the powerband as ours does, but in similar races i havent lost yet against him, so i'm not sure it would be worth ur while to drop in an =< engine into your car

·
Registered
710 Posts
You'd be looking at an awful lot of expense for 2 more cylinders and 3 more horsepower. The 1.8 V6 is not widely regarded as a powerful motor. I would suggest the 2.5 V6 from the MX6/Probe GT twins. Exterior dimensions are similar but base horsepower starts around 170. Plus there are more mods for the 2.5.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What models for the probe and the mx-6 and what kind of modifyimg under the hood would I have to look into?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The 1.8L V6 in the MX3 is the same block used for the KL-ZE motor that was in the MX6. Since the outside dimensions are the same, I recommend just getting the KLZE motor.

My friend has a 1.8L V6 in his MX and he's running 16's in the quarter. A KLZE would put you in low 15's pretty easily with the same amount of work to get it in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thats good...but I am wondering about the wiring for the engine as well....sinc eI am going to do all the work myself, the wiring is the only thing that troubles me...I can swap an engine and tranny with no prob...What models are the kl-ze in and what are the identifiers of this block...I mean it isnt the only v6 in the mx and probe is it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts