FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my car to work and back saturday morning and everything was fine had good power,sounded normal and temp was normal. I parked the car when I got home and it sat till sunday afternoon.

Sunday afternoon I jack the front of the car up to do some work on it and antifreeze runs out of the plastic splash guard on the right side of the car behind the bumper.I open the radiator and its still full so I get my ramps out so I can get better look underneath and when I start the car it is making a loud ticking noise coming from the right side(passenger)of the engine the oil is normal not milky and I cant see where the antifreeze might have leaked from since it doesnt seem to leak while the engine is running.

has anyone else experienced this problem before ? anyone have any idea what it might be?

·
Registered
15,581 Posts
How many miles are on this car?
Have you changed out the water pump yet (you should have by now)?

Water pump leaks are often not noticable when the engine is off. Seems like they leak only while the engine is running or shortly thereafter and when they go bad it's often the seal and/or housing that's bad so replace it with a new one, not rebuilt (I'm not sure if you can even buy a rebuilt water pump).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.