FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here. I searched but couldn't find an answer to my problem. I have a 92 1.9/auto and it has a miss at crusing speed (50-60). Runs fine at lower speeds and acceleration is fine. Also when I step on it at 50+ and go to 70mph and then slow down to 60 or so it runs fine for a couple of miles and then starts missing again. Actually it is more like a little stagger or bucking.
I just replaced the plugs and wires but this has me stumped. If it was a flathead there wouldn't be a problem but these newfangled computer things and I don't speak the same language. Anyway, I would appreciate some educated guesses because I don't want to throw bushels of money at it.
Thanks
Mike

· Administrator
9,403 Posts
spark wired dude. if you pop your hood at night witn no light you should see blue sparks shooting across the wires when you revv it up. its happened to me many times.

· Registered
2,280 Posts
throw some injector cleaner and some new wires and see what happens.

mine had the same issue, all i needed was just new plugs n' wires. (btw stay the hell away from bosch. they're only good on imports, just stick with motorcraft).

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have the same problem

I bought my cat last spring and had been experiencing what you explained. To now, I changed the spark plugs and the spark plugs wires and and it didn't make any difference. I read yesterday on another forum, that it might be a problem with the Mass Air Flow sensor working bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.