FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here. I searched but couldn't find an answer to my problem. I have a 92 1.9/auto and it has a miss at crusing speed (50-60). Runs fine at lower speeds and acceleration is fine. Also when I step on it at 50+ and go to 70mph and then slow down to 60 or so it runs fine for a couple of miles and then starts missing again. Actually it is more like a little stagger or bucking.
I just replaced the plugs and wires but this has me stumped. If it was a flathead there wouldn't be a problem but these newfangled computer things and I don't speak the same language. Anyway, I would appreciate some educated guesses because I don't want to throw bushels of money at it.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
328 Posts
it could also be clogged injectors... bad coil, clogged fuel filter... or bad wires as he said

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
throw some injector cleaner and some new wires and see what happens.

mine had the same issue, all i needed was just new plugs n' wires. (btw stay the hell away from bosch. they're only good on imports, just stick with motorcraft).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have the same problem

I bought my cat last spring and had been experiencing what you explained. To now, I changed the spark plugs and the spark plugs wires and and it didn't make any difference. I read yesterday on another forum, that it might be a problem with the Mass Air Flow sensor working bad.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
possibly, but usually the O2 sensor going wrong includes a check engine light going off.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
a buddy of mine recently changed a bunch of stuff in his 95 chevy half ton because he had a miss at speed. Plugs, wires, rotor, cap, etc, etc. Turned out to be the O2 sensor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts