FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what is better to fill up with before emissions to help pass? Hey, ever little bit helps, right? I'm guessing synthetic over conventional oil and lighter over heavier... is that right?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
tailpipe sniffer test? - heavier > lighter oil, less chance of burn off, and no to synthetic, the molecules are "cracked" and has a higher chance of leaking into the cylinder --- atleast 3/4+ tank of gas, full is ideal... less chance of failing due to failed vapor system.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad said to ride around in low gear at high RPMs for about 10 to 15 minutes to heat up the cat so it's more efficient.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i think if you fail the first test, the second one is usually free. if you don't pass the first one you might wanna try that "guranteed to pass (in a bottle)" stuff. i heard it's mostly alcohol or something and basically works by just getting your cat super hot so that it works better.

also the best way to heat up the cat beforehand is to have a good drive on the highway before you go get it tested.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I've used Berryman's Gaurantee To Pass. It use to be available at Auto Zone for about $8. a bottle. The directions for how to use it are on the bottle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts