FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its 6 am and when I take a bump , sometime the batt light commes ON and get off instantly. This morning theres a lot of ice and water so I taked a bump and my batt light came ON and stayed!!! WHAT I NEED TO DO??!?!

My batt is new, i dont think my alternator died!

anyway awnser me fast!

·
Registered
387 Posts
JohnnyBee said:
Its 6 am and when I take a bump , sometime the batt light commes ON and get off instantly. This morning theres a lot of ice and water so I taked a bump and my batt light came ON and stayed!!! WHAT I NEED TO DO??!?!

My batt is new, i dont think my alternator died!

anyway awnser me fast!
when you hit a bump, you're getting a battery light? sounds like a loose connection somewhere. check your terminals, first and foremost ...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My batt connecttors seems to be perfect, Maybe the alternator --> battery wire... i check that right now

thx

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a started the car and all is OK but the loose is there! hehe
I dunno why, all seems to be very connected very well

but I know that scort wirings taking rust sometime ... ( like blower motor wiring and some fusebox wiring)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Mine's done that before too without problems. I've also had a wire going to my alternator break and kill the car.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
pour coke on all of the battery connections... it'll eat away the rust. I'd do that on the connection for the alternator too. Apparently the coke trucks do 1 can a day, and they never have corrosion (people got this from the nail in coke experiment... it's neat if u've never done it before, and apparently a penny works well too.) I haven't tried it myself, but a lot of my friends have, and they say it works great. Don't use Pepsi though.. it doesn't do as much. BTW... just a useless piece of advice... those people who bring the bags of coke (the ones that restaurants use) MUST have a corrosive sign, and the license to drive corrosive chemicals... that's how potent it is before diluted!

·
Registered
160 Posts
baking soda mixed in water does the same thing, but more effectively and without the sticky mess. it's also a far better antacid than anything in the drug store.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I did the coke and penny trick... it worked.... until i washed the engine bay and i think something short circuited my battery.. i got a new one yesterday, so lets hope nothing else is wrong ya know..LoL

Laci

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mine was doing that until it finally killed my battery(over the course of a year). Turns out it was the ground. I would replace your ground wire. My battery connections where fine, it was at the other end. Should be an < $20 job.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It didnt happens again but now I have another problem ( new thread) I dont think there a link together but mayyybe!

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
rust? on a battery? man if theres rust on your battery you got more problems than you think. batterys arent suposed to have rust on them. oxidation and rust are totaly different things..kinda

1 - 14 of 14 Posts