FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, no, I´m not planning on getting one myself. I was just trying to make conversation.

No, if I plan on doing anything not N/A, it´s going to be a real supercharger on an EGT, if only because I can´t think of anyone else off the top of my head that has a supercharged EGT.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Don´t do it.

An electric ´supercharger´ is crap. Their site claims that the power will be taken out of the battery and not the alternator.. what a load of BS. How do they think the power got into the battery? Any gains your engine receives from this POS will be taken back 3 fold from the alternator.

A fan is a non-compression device. It´s made to move air through areas of equal pressure, not from a low pressure area to a high pressure area. If you buy one of those, plug it in, and instead of letting it fly, put a peice of cardboard across the back so that you´re blocking air from exiting (simulating boost), it won´t push your hand off of it.. it´ll just spin the air trapped inside really fast creating a low pressure area (kinda like a tornado).. pulling the cardboard in closer... in the wrong direction.

Turbos and superchargers work well because they compress the air as they feed it though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
yeah, beav´, i agree.
this thing is like an expensive version of that "cyclone" thingy. You know, the little aluminum fan-blade looking thing that you stick in your intake?

Go back to the site and look at the dyno chart, too. even if this thing did make 2psi, i don´t think you´d see a drastic change in power/torque curves like that.
this thing is bunk, yizzo.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
The eRAMTM 1 psi Electric Supercharger

:-o hahaha

IMMEDIATE and FULL 1psi BOOST AT ANY ENGINE RPM! - 0 TO 22,000 RPM in 1/10th SECOND (activated by an NOS-type switch at Wide-Open Throttle). Why Wide-Open Throttle only?

lmao!

DOES NOT RESTRICT YOUR INTAKE when not in operation (air-flow through 3.5" dia. e-RAM is equal to a 3 inch diameter intake tube).

Um how could it compress air then? :-?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.