FEOA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
well paul if you can get it to not make your car choke with it on or off Id say go for it, but things in my intakes path arnt car friendly to me

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, no, I´m not planning on getting one myself. I was just trying to make conversation.

No, if I plan on doing anything not N/A, it´s going to be a real supercharger on an EGT, if only because I can´t think of anyone else off the top of my head that has a supercharged EGT.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so maybe I´ll do this, if only cause it´s allot cheaper, and I can undo it if I don´t like it. I haven´t really looked at it yet, so keep in mind that I may just be speaking out of my ass. ;-)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Don´t do it.

An electric ´supercharger´ is crap. Their site claims that the power will be taken out of the battery and not the alternator.. what a load of BS. How do they think the power got into the battery? Any gains your engine receives from this POS will be taken back 3 fold from the alternator.

A fan is a non-compression device. It´s made to move air through areas of equal pressure, not from a low pressure area to a high pressure area. If you buy one of those, plug it in, and instead of letting it fly, put a peice of cardboard across the back so that you´re blocking air from exiting (simulating boost), it won´t push your hand off of it.. it´ll just spin the air trapped inside really fast creating a low pressure area (kinda like a tornado).. pulling the cardboard in closer... in the wrong direction.

Turbos and superchargers work well because they compress the air as they feed it though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
yeah, beav´, i agree.
this thing is like an expensive version of that "cyclone" thingy. You know, the little aluminum fan-blade looking thing that you stick in your intake?

Go back to the site and look at the dyno chart, too. even if this thing did make 2psi, i don´t think you´d see a drastic change in power/torque curves like that.
this thing is bunk, yizzo.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
...wow...a 5 hp gain on the civic (from the dyno charts)!!! i´m so dishing out $300 right now! and that´s USD!
*coughsarcasmcough*

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
The eRAMTM 1 psi Electric Supercharger

:-o hahaha

IMMEDIATE and FULL 1psi BOOST AT ANY ENGINE RPM! - 0 TO 22,000 RPM in 1/10th SECOND (activated by an NOS-type switch at Wide-Open Throttle). Why Wide-Open Throttle only?

lmao!

DOES NOT RESTRICT YOUR INTAKE when not in operation (air-flow through 3.5" dia. e-RAM is equal to a 3 inch diameter intake tube).

Um how could it compress air then? :-?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts