FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 SE. The my air conditioner compressor seized up so I put the non-air conditioned car belt on to bypass it.

Should my electric fan still come on when I turn on the AC even though the compressor is not hooked up? It is not.

I seem to remember it coming on to cool off the car after I parked and turned it off but if I am not making that up its not doing that either.

I am thinking maybe the fan (or something fan related) took a dump.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I consulted my Ford Factory service manual and accordingly checked the fuse. It is not blown (meaning that the copper part that connects the two halves is still intact). For future reference, are those just supposed to pull out? I gave it a manly tug and couldnt' extract it. I hate to give parts the business when I am not sure they need the business.

All the wiring looks good (not severed or frayed).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which prong should I be touching when I jump the fan from the battery? I am supposed to using the negative terminal, yes? Sadly, all I have is speaker wire, is this enough?

I need to resolve this issue quickly. I am embarrassing myself with all this posts.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you want to put it direct use the POS wire not the neg as it is already attached to the chassis. No speaker wire there, too much AMPS. Also the fan does not start if the pressure switches don't engage from the A/C Clutch pressure.
I have skipped the compressor and mine its doing the same thing it only start when its real hot. That is why on another post I asked if there is anyone that has been able to reprogram (flash) the ECU to start the fan Sooner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts