FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on their product listing the 92 wagon is excluded. Is it the rear thats different or is the front different too? A 1" drop on my wagon would be nice, but I would not want to go any lower. I got one broken rear spring and sometimes around 10 degrees my right rear strut freezes up solid. I gota do something soon. I might get a strut assy at the local u-pull it junk yard untill I can make up my mind.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
1st off.. don't put lowering/sport springs of any type on worn stock shocks.. you'll just wear them down further.

2nd.. the struts are identical between all 2nd gen scorts. The springs will fit, but the rears are softer than what would be considered optimal on the wagon (which obviously has the heaviest rear end). You can bet the eibachs were designed with ride quality/handling comprimise in the 2dr hatches, which means a softer rear end on the wagon. Same goes for the H&Rs which I have, and am happy with, although I wish the rears were a tad stiffer (and I also wish the rear shocks were too).

The H&R's actually keep me from bottoming out the rear end as much as before (on two broken rear springs) because they're so much more stiff. The rear end doesn't ever drop as close the ground as it used to, but the overall rear end height is about the same. The fronts on the eibach will be lower than what you see on my wagon, which should give you a very nice stance.

Get some 'S/R tokico' struts to mount the eibach's on.. they're very cheap and they're good quality.

I also reccommend getting one of the 1" rear swaybars from BareEnd.. it will make up for the softer rear springs. These are certainly worth the price.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say I wish the rear end was a little stiffer, is that with just you in the wagon, one passenger or loaded with your roudy friends? I can't imagine the wagon is that much heavier than the sedan.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
That's when I'm on the autocross track and the rear end isn't as stiff as I want it to be. I'm just talking about handling.

Cargo capacity is fine. They're progressive rate springs, so as you load it up it with passengers and gear it gets much stiffer. Actually, when riding around by myself my CD player never skips.. as soon as I get 200lbs in the passenger seat every medium sized bump causes a skip (It never skips when playing MP3s, so that's how I avoid it)... the eibachs should be a bit more comfy than the H&Rs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.