FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
perhaps this is just an MS question for marclar but I was wondering what other stand alone efi systems are out there that offer larger than a 8x8 VE table

and if any others will be able to adjust timing accordingly

queestion number 2

has anyone tried using the apexi safc unit and an msd system together to get something like megasquirt ultra but still running the stock ECU

you would be able to get fuel adjustment and boost retard

which setup would be better in the areas of functionability vs streetability

al

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and I almost forgot does the mega squirt system have larger than a 8x8 VE table or was that just an example used on their website, If so its kinda discouraging to most of the other techs and shop owners Ive talked to

al

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
EverGreenScort said:
perhaps this is just an MS question for marclar but I was wondering what other stand alone efi systems are out there that offer larger than a 8x8 VE table

and if any others will be able to adjust timing accordingly

queestion number 2

has anyone tried using the apexi safc unit and an msd system together to get something like megasquirt ultra but still running the stock ECU

you would be able to get fuel adjustment and boost retard

which setup would be better in the areas of functionability vs streetability

al
question 1, SDS, haltech, FAST, AEM, electromotive, Motech, Wolf 3D just about ever stand alone you can think of has a bigger table. All the stand alone systems with timming control can adjust timming to what you program it to do.
question 2, if you have a stand alone system you don't need piggy back controlers. You are waisting money.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
question number two was what if someone decided not to got stand alone at all.....also does megasquirt make up for this in any other ways ? people are all the rage over mega squirt on j body forums and I cant figure out why if it has such a small table.....what the price like on FAST these days

al

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
You can use piggy back controllers and will work, but in the end end up limiting the cars potential.
MS is a really cheap system out there for people who do not want to spend a lot of money on engine management.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
MegaSquirtnEDIS or MegaSquirt II has dual 12x12 tables. Ultra is dual 12x12 for sure and possibly dual 16x16. They are trying to make the code flexible for the user to expand the tables if they want. 8)

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
the only difference between MS and MS2 is the software up date for mtune and mtuness that allows the 12x12 tables. 8x8 is fine for our application.im just goign to update cuz im a tweaker insearch of perfection.....actually i already have the software but need to just get the MS cpu flashed...simple process. i already got my 12x12 fuel map and timing maps done.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good game , I'll let some people know they updated it

I knew it couldnt be limited to only a 8x8 VE table, MS is a pretty good sys. in my book

al

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys really need to get your info straight here, go to http://www.msefi.com and read the Manual, it cleary says that the STANDARD Megasqurt has an 8x8 VE table that is -Interpolated-. That's with the standard firmware.
The latest firmware available, the MS-extra, gives you switchable 12x12 VE tables, and 12x12 ignition tables The standard MS can be modified, with minor work, to support a whole range of ignition options.

for the -extra firmware options go here- http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

Scott

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
you dont even really need the bigger ve maps. you can tune the 8x8's perfectly. the bigger ones just make it a hastle.

HOWEVER

12x12 ignition maps are another story. as soon as i can get the update im going to do it. my timing curve is meaner than bush himself.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'd love to have something like an optional 16x22. Have a value for every 250rpm or just extra ones where ever needed. Interpolation is nice and all but to get the perfect tune it would be nice to have those extra points if you wanted them.

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
example...

500rpm at 17kpa: the ve should be arround 40
1000rpm at 17kpa: the ve should be arround 43
1500rpm at 17kpw: the ve should be arround 46

if you had the bigger tables you could put values for every 250 rpm or so.. but it would be pointless. when you open MTune and go to "tuning' the VE map is in 3d graph form. there are lines that conect each ve point to the next... once you get it smoothed out, it is pointless to have more entries on the ttable since the ms knows how to take points that arent set... for example....

1250rpm 17kpa: the ve should be arround 44.5.

you can actually watch the map/rpm points on the tuning screen and watch the actual ve/rpm/map/ duty cycle/ inj pulse....

does that make since?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts