FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and can't find anything on this topic.

I posted a while back with the chinese clone of the CVH 1.6. I just bought a 86 GT 1.9 motor and I'm in the middle of a engine swap and just thought of something.

First can I use the EDIS set-up from my 1.6 on the 86 1.9 GT motor?

Can I use the 1.6 ECU or do I need the 86 GT ECU?

If I need the GT ECU will it work with the EDIS set-up?

Any advice would help.

Here is photos of the EDIS set-up

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m179 ... ese%20CVH/

· Registered
7,078 Posts
The EDIS he has fits on the end of the head, and turns. It's pretty much like the distro, but a tad different. I don't know how it plugs in, or any of that. I'm guessing some circuit modifications would need to be made; primarily sending the power that normally goes to the coil to the EDIS input. Anything else I'd be unsure about unless I saw the EDIS schematic.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I planned on using the entire GT motor, head also.

Did the 86 1.9 Gt have EDIS?

What I'm thinking is, the 1.6 ECU is programed for the 1.6 (fuel & cam) and the 1.9 GT has a more aggressive cam. Thinking that would effect the HP.

Also Cow & lowscort I know both of you were interested in that cam I have. I will no longer need it with the engine set-up I have. PM me. It's new never installed Here are he specs again.

Ford Motorsport Camshaft, M-6250-A112
Fits 1.6L 1600cc CVH motors
Perfect condition in factory box, with labels and specs intact
Lift .531/.556
Duration 282/292, or 238/248 at .050 lift
Overlap 58 degrees

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The EDIS set-up I have is a pretty easy install. Just worried about the ECU effecting performance. Wonder if I went with a HO model ECU that had EDIS. Didn't the early 90's have EDIS?

Still interested in the cam Cow?

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok 2nd Gen. 91 to 96 had EDIS correct? If my 1.6 ECU don't work a 2nd Gen ECU with EDIS may.

The cam is the one I was telling you about that a friend from the UK had. It's a Ford Racing cam. Being it's a stepped cam I don't think it will work in my 1.9 GT head so I don't need it.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
i think if u wanted to use the 2nd gen 1.9 EDIS u would need a freeze plug for the distributor hole for the camshaft, coil pack, ignition modual, crank sensor and pulley, camshaft and cam sensor, fuel injectors, maf, and intake air temperature sensor.

i say to use the injectors with it cuz they're high impedence. the ecu will not like the low impedence injectors. the maf is needed to match with the injectors and the iat sensor to adjust timing from what i read. i think the octane adjustment plug would also be needed.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
i was just sayin to use that if a 2nd gen ecu was gonna be used

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.