FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
first off, on a stock engine, you are not going to notice much of a difference. it's not going to do much for you, just make your engine run hotter. it's not worth the money you would spend for it. $10+shipping & handling ain't worth it. go buy some vinyl stickers with that money, they'll add more hp :lol:

·
Registered
624 Posts
if you want more hp put a Cone filter on and get rid of the stock air box. as well as get a performance exaust put on your car. <-when you do this get rid of the catalytic converter and the resonator

·
Registered
120 Posts
Definitely dont bother with this thing. Like hotscort said, go with the cone filter for a boost instead. You can actually do this same mod with a resistor from radio shack for waaaay cheaper. But I still wouldnt do it anyway, because its just going to confuse the computer rather than help make more power. But thats just my $.02.

~Bug

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
365 Posts
start w/ suspension upgrades...most guys here may tell you that(mostlikely siragan(one good guy)) after suspension then you can go for power upgrades...suspension=good handling combine it w/ power upgrades=good car....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kikoy said:
start w/ suspension upgrades...most guys here may tell you that(mostlikely siragan(one good guy)) after suspension then you can go for power upgrades...suspension=good handling combine it w/ power upgrades=good car....
Yes, I read a lot the forum here and I learned that before going for power we have to go for handling... I'll have to change my rear coil springs this summer, so this upgrade will be soon... But for now I only want to have a little more power (10hp maybe) and very cheap...

So I think that this cone filter upgrade should be okay to start... I only want to know what's the difference between those two I recently linked. (K&N and the generic) Because there's a big difference on the price..!

·
Registered
365 Posts
id go for k&n...if you go generic you might be getting a crappy filter plus it may or may not be factory pre-oiled...go for k&n...thing is you have to go to an autozone/pepboys to get the maf adapter....

·
Registered
624 Posts
As you said liquid that the price diffrence is quite alot but i have a generic cone filter on my car and it works just fine and it is 1/2 the price of k&n. dont get me wrong they are kick a$$ filters but way to expensive. if you do buy a generic filter buy a filter recharge kit it should run you about 8 or 9 dollars at autozone.[/quote]

·
Registered
822 Posts
you aren't going to get much more horsepower out of a cone filter...... all it is going to do, is help your engine breathe a little easier, and it will be running more efficiently, giving you a few more mpg. about the removing the cat comment though, i have a friend who has a leak in his exhaust (1994 Tracer LTS) just before the cat, and he has backpressure problems because of it. you can't do that on a daily driver. he stalls it out every time he stops it because of the extreme loss of backpressure, and he has an automatic. so he has to roll stop signs everywhere, and can't come to a complete stop. you would be better off finding a performance/hi-flowing cat, because you get a little more breathing room, a little more power, and you're not sacrificing horsepower for more torque. if you were going to drag somebody, and kept the engine revved up alot, it might be ok, but not on a daily driver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts