FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one purchaced parts for Ebay like coilover, intake adapter, or anything else. If you have what kinds of trouble, if any did you have.

I am wondering becuse there are alot of good stuff on there but i don't think i can trust those seller. Coilovers for $50 buck, and an intake adapter for $5 buck. Iwanted to see what you guys have done, to see if i want to risk Ebay or just stick to Nopi and places like that. Thanks

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Ebay...the main thing I do is look carefully at the rating of the seller and read the feedback....I have have no real problems getting my items...plus if you use a service like PayPal there is some recourse if you do not get the items you paid for...one thing to be sure of also is to read the description very carefully to make sure you know what you are getting

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive purchased a few things from ebay as well. Havent had any problems yet. Ive had more problems with places like ZX tuner than anyone on ebay. ZX Tuner did me right, I got my stuff. The issue I have is that I bought a filter and adapter for 45 bucks from ZX Tuner and the filter was a piece of crap. The mesh was torn right out of the box, and after two days on the car the filter came apart at the metal base. It had to be Siliconed back together. Now, I might expect that kind of workmanship in cheap filter, but not a 45 dollar one. Also, the adapter was made from heavy mild steel and didnt fit well. I couldnt screw the mounting nuts down tight. For less money you can get a nice aluminum piece that is milled to fit perfectly. I was dissapointed. You can get that whole setup on ebay for 15 bucks now. Same damn thing. Couldnt hurt to try them out.
Other than that I have white gauge faces and a brushed aluminum gauge face bezel from ebay. The bezel is nice quality but didnt come with enough mounting tape. The gauge faces were nice looking, but didnt come with any packing material in the box; they were just sliding around. One of the faces had some marks on it from the light control box rubbing against it during shipping.
Just remember, if you need high quality, dont be afraid to pay a little more for it.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
jb_cb44 said:
Coilovers for $50 buck, and an intake adapter for $5 buck.
Yep, the prices range from around 2 buck down to 1 bucks. lol

Er... anyway, simple mechanical things on ebay, especially NIB (new in box) items are almost always reliable. Especially if the seller is reliable. The only things that you never EVER buy on ebay is electronic eqiupment. It's very common to get defective items, etc.

Just check the feedback carefuly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i bought clear corners off of ebay and they came 6 days later (sundays don't count). I think if you buy from a company such as I and several of my friends have then they won't screw you. I know a lot of companies just sel stuff they can't sell on their websites on ebay. Don't buy the intake adapter off ebay or zxtuner, go to autozone. It's $15 and it fits PERFECT just make sure on the list of cars on the back says something about an early 90's Mazda 323, and the cone filter has to kind of squeeze in, it's better if you hook the cone and adapter to the maf, take it off of the intake tube, put the maf/cone in cone first and push the maf on (some help works good).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ebay purchacing

I`d like to second what 93EGTinLR said . When dealing on EBay always always check the sellers feedback . the better that is the more reliable they probably are .Many EBayers use it to supliment thier income and others use it as thier income , so, if they mess up they will lose money . Money is why they are there . Therefore losing money is not acceptable .Reliability is critical as a result . To restate in simple terms : you don`t make money with bad feedback . The better the feedback the more reliable the seller . Also make sure you know what you are bidding on and that it is what you want ,and that you can afford to bid on it . Your bid is your contract to buy . Have fun . "H" :hippy2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.