FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has been gone over and over and over. so i figured id post something on it.

if you ever see anything on ebay that says "+20hp" or "mod chip" its all a buch of crap. they buy a pack of 8 resistors for about 50cents and sell them for 8$ a piece.. see its a profit deal. they dont do anything. actually they can hurt performance.. if you have a constant AIT ohmage and your in a place where your intake temp is over 100* or so, itll make it run wayyy rich.

DONT BUY EBAY "MOD CHIPS"

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James92Scort said:
Thank you Marclar, if I was a mod in here I'd sticky this.
me too... btw who is our mod.

i think everyone should run MS anyway.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
ok.. here you go...

wait for it.......

ok, there ya go!

I might go MS in a different project in the future, but for now I'll stick with my Haltech.

--sarge

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Haltech is super cheap if you have a grand laying around. :lol: MegaSquirt will run you about $400 They are both standalone engine management systems. The Haltech is a better solution at the moment for someone wanting complete control. At least till Ultra MegaSquirt comes out sometime next year.

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NwEcoCavi said:
MS is lame...and has no where near as much control as the real standalones such as haltech

hahaha how would you know? have you ever seen it? or are you just basing your opionion on what the others that have thousands of dollars to throw away said?

·
Registered
91 Posts
marclar said:
NwEcoCavi said:
MS is lame...and has no where near as much control as the real standalones such as haltech

hahaha how would you know? have you ever seen it? or are you just basing your opionion on what the others that have thousands of dollars to throw away said?
i have seen it...i was at the corksport meet...i know people that use it personally...one guy with his jeep...and is having nothing but problems

1 - 20 of 24 Posts