FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many other people own a 3V Mustang, but maybe this will help. Going through some fun with a parts "seller."

Precision Machining and Fabrication in Pompano Beach, FL sells CMCV delete plates on eBay. They look like the Steeda units, and from what I received, seem legit, with one major exception; the gasket. Ford uses a silicone O-ring. What I received came with no gaskets, and the OE did not fit. I returned them, supposed to be re-CNC'd to OE gasket material. The business owner, Adam Louramore, said he would use a certain generic type of rubber and superglue the ends together for a "gasket." Anyway, he offered to fix the problem, and back the plates went.

And they never came back.

4 months later, guy has ghosted, eBay does nothing, and escalating to Paypal (my first time ever) has resulted in them closing the case against me, and later re-opening, but doing nothing with the case as they never looked at any of the info both eBay and myself provided. Fairly typical. So, my patience is gone, and in this, I want to warn anyone who may be looking for CNC work. Avoid this guy - he's a fraud and a thief. Run far and fast. Nobody else needs to deal with this POS.

·
Registered
1988 EXP 2.0l H.O on bike carbs.
392 Posts
So you sent it back to get it fixed, That is a return as far as ebay and paypal cares. Open s case stating you returned it, give them the tracking and boom you get your money back. If ebay/paypal will not help file a charge back with your bank or credit card comp. tell them the same thing, you returned it and never got a refund.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a case open since May. eBay did nothing, so it went onto Paypal disputes, which is when the seller supposedly filed a refund. However, they went through it with the eBay claim, which had been closed due to escalating to Paypal. They even claimed that they don't accept paypal, which is proudly displayed on their eBay store page, so that's not true, either.

I called the seller to get more info. They called me a "jerkoff," and laughed. Paypal did not investigate...until I called today. Spent 10 minutes with a person who looked at all the material - and closed in my favor. Got the refund. Now seller is trying to text/send eBay messages to probably harass and make some sort of counterclaim. Whatever, I have the conversation recorded and saved/backed up already, so whatever happens, proof is where it needs to be.

Guy was intentionally slow and useless, and feigned ignorance the entire time. Even if he made a product (which, honestly, was a blatant ripoff of the Steeda billet part) I can't recommend because if there is a problem, you will be on your own with this one.

As for eBay and Paypal, yeah, no, it was the one time in 20 years that I had to file a dispute - and they dropped the ball completely, refused to even look at the screenshots, receipts, and data both eBay and I had provided. Not a whole lot of confidence in problem resolution, and I used to work escalations and disputes. Nobody performed due diligence, which is why people like the seller get away with fraudulent activity.

·
Registered
392 Posts
As for eBay and Paypal, yeah, no, it was the one time in 20 years that I had to file a dispute - and they dropped the ball completely, refused to even look at the screenshots, receipts, and data both eBay and I had provided. Not a whole lot of confidence in problem resolution, and I used to work escalations and disputes. Nobody performed due diligence, which is why people like the seller get away with fraudulent activity.
Yeah, the dispute presses on ebay/paypal is 99% automated. You have to check the right boxes and say the right things to win. I got to the point that I don't even go into detail anymore, I just check the right boxes and win.

Did you report the seller to ebay? you have to call them to do that, make sure they look at the messages were he called you names and what not.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's mostly automated, but I skipped that and went with calling in. Sadly, I spent several hours on the phone with them, getting the runaround and nobody bothering to read my claim. They did close it after calling for an update, then I had to reopen, and wait some more. They were hung up on the part being delivered, but defective, and that I had shipped it back.

As for the name-calling, that was phone to phone with the seller, not through eBay (who doesn't care about what happened as I already tried letting them know).

What I can do is alert others to this person and their actions, so they can avoid. At least at this point I did receive money back, and the guy is still trying to send messages to me over eBay, despite the whole ordeal being officially closed. I just said "goodbye," and left it at that. Let him stew. It only took 3 months to get a refund, but it's here. All that needs to be said are the warnings to avoid this seller.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's mostly automated, but I skipped that and went with calling in. Sadly, I spent several hours on the phone with them, getting the runaround and nobody bothering to read my claim. They did close it after calling for an update, then I had to reopen, and wait some more. They were hung up on the part being delivered, but defective, and that I had shipped it back.
Yeha I used to just hang up and call back until I get someone that does their job, ebay support sucks and always has. I found that charge backs on my credit card are a lot less work, granted they take longer to complete but I get the funds back upfront and the scammer gets dinged with a chargeback fee if they used paypal.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paypal was demonstrably worse. eBay did nothing themselves, however, once Paypal was involved, eBay provided all their info. Paypal just didn't read it until I kept at it. They wanted me to wait two more weeks, and I told them they were either going to fix it, or I was going for legal action, BBB and FTC complaints, state AG (both mine and theirs) and file a police complaint (a necessary step in a lawsuit from what I've been told).

Still didn't care. It just took a person to do their job for a few minutes, and it was cut-and-dried.

Ah well, enough time/energy spent on this issue for the day. Be safe everyone - avoid the seller.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Paypal was demonstrably worse. eBay did nothing themselves, however, once Paypal was involved, eBay provided all their info. Paypal just didn't read it until I kept at it. They wanted me to wait two more weeks, and I told them they were either going to fix it, or I was going for legal action, BBB and FTC complaints, state AG (both mine and theirs) and file a police complaint (a necessary step in a lawsuit from what I've been told).

Still didn't care. It just took a person to do their job for a few minutes, and it was cut-and-dried.

Ah well, enough time/energy spent on this issue for the day. Be safe everyone - avoid the seller.
Yeah, they don't care until you serve them legally. To many folks say they will do a PO report and FTC or AG and do nothing.
This is why I file a charge back anymore. I stopped giving ebay/paypal a chance and If a junk case is opened up against me I do nothing, when/if I lose I just file a charge back when eBay bills my card/bank and open a new ebay account. Its not worth the trouble of fixing things the right way with ebay/paypal anymore.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If they require legal action to be ethical or honest, then they're not worth doing business with. Someone (on these boards) once said "Junk is still junk, even when it's on sale." The same can be said for businesses. Bad practices are bad practices - best to avoid them. eBay/Paypal/Venom/Honey (all interlinked companies) are on my black list. I will never use them again. F me once, that's all it takes.

Still, be safe.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If they require legal action to be ethical or honest, then they're not worth doing business with. Someone (on these boards) once said "Junk is still junk, even when it's on sale." The same can be said for businesses. Bad practices are bad practices - best to avoid them. eBay/Paypal/Venom/Honey (all interlinked companies) are on my black list. I will never use them again. F me once, that's all it takes.

Still, be safe.
Id have to agree, but I do a lot with old computers and ebay has a strong hold on the used PC parts market. It really sucks as the only other place I know of is mostly made up of users from over seas.
You can add cash app to that list too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Cash app is owned by Credit Karma, which itself is part of Intuit. None of those are owned by, or affiliated with PayPal. I've never used it, however.
cash app is like paypal but with zero support. well they do have a email thing, but it gives out automated reply's, no number to call or anything.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, I just looked them up. Major data breach in April of this year. 8 million users, brokerage numbers, etc. That a huge breach, and I'm surprised they haven't been sued into oblivion for a Sox breach. Ah well, definitely should avoid that mess.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh, I just looked them up. Major data breach in April of this year. 8 million users, brokerage numbers, etc. That a huge breach, and I'm surprised they haven't been sued into oblivion for a Sox breach. Ah well, definitely should avoid that mess.
Oh it gets worse, they have a tax filing thing so they have a lot of info on their users. I used to use credit karma tax and I'm sure glad when they sold there tax thing cash app I had to purge all my info from them. Or so I hope they did lol.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your info is not deleted. When it comes to finances, companies have a legal hold of at least 7 years prior to deletion, and most companies these days are opting for lifetime storage as hard drives become cheaper/larger, and blade farms become denser. SSDs in particular are useful. I've spent almost 20 years in the financial and medical industries, mostly for IT, and have seen several server farms just for holding data. I know for a fact that Huntington Bank does lifetime storage, starting around 2018 or so. Chase does it, too.

Information about customers is bought and sold, which is why companies opt to hold onto "their" information forever. I can go on and on (and on) about it, but won't. I've said pretty much all that I can in as concise a way as I know how (still verbose...ah well).

Feel free to PM if you want to further discuss.

·
Administrator
39,517 Posts
fwiw, Ive had paypal since about 2002, and recently they have completely lost all of my business. there are fees for everything, and you can not get anyone on the phone that speaks english. going though the 'chat/message' is equally frustrating taking days or weeks to get a response. I hardly use ebay anymore as well. I call it scambay now.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fwiw, Ive had paypal since about 2002, and recently they have completely lost all of my business. there are fees for everything, and you can not get anyone on the phone that speaks english. going though the 'chat/message' is equally frustrating taking days or weeks to get a response. I hardly use ebay anymore as well. I call it scambay now.
Yup. 20 years here, too, and the one time I needed them - nope. While I did get several people on the phone, none of them, except the last one, bothered to look at or read anything. They had even closed the case against me, due to not looking at the evidence sent. Had I just waited, as they wanted me to, I would've lost anyway and had no product. There have been two class-action suits against them recently, with one being forced into individual arbitration - because that somehow makes sense.

I've used eBay pretty well over the years, but 2/3 of things I've ordered this year, even with good feedback, long-operating sellers, it seems nobody is taking things timely or seriously. Respond once every two weeks, or taking months to ship something (or never). No thanks.

I was just asked by a new customer how to pay me for working on their car, and I had to let them know I no longer accept Paypal or Venmo. Ain't great, but if they can't get it right on a simple cut-and-dried situation, I have no confidence they'll do better.

Times are changin', ain't they?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts