FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Actually, what I think would look really go is if you remove the lens from the headlight assembly and paint the inside of the lights to match your car. Look at the headlkights on a Mercury Maruder and you will see what I mean.

Tom

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I remember that walkthrough... it was interesting, but if I'm not mistaken the author modded a set of projector lights for a Honda civic. And also, if I'm not mistaken again, Siragan said that the BMW headlights were very hard ot remove the cover from... although I remember him saying something else about that too, but I can't remember what... oh well, if you have the headlights I think that's hot enough without the angel eyes... just my two cents.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had to cut into the lens and basically destroyed it to get the inside, but i'm going to paint the inside and install the angel eyes. i'm just a little worried about what happens when it rains if that will mess up the eyes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've actually done this with one of those clear rods for turning venetian blinds. It really does work. The issue I ran into was the proper spacing of the slits you have to cut into the rod. Mine were uneven and didn't look too pretty. One idea I had for these rods was to place them OVER the stock headlight and corner kind of like an angel eyebrow. There is a gap of space above the headlight and corner lamp and I think it would be a killer mod if I had the time, energy, and balls to turn them on without fear of police shenanighans.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah... good luck getting the plastic covers off. It workd fine for the 5-series and up lights, but for the old 3-series E36 lights, they use sillicone instead of just plane jane gasket/clip combos. The only way to get them off is to bake them in the oven. It's tricky.

I've got a set of the "official" angel eye rings and LEDs to match. They're the nice ones, not those cheap polycarb ricer knockoffs you see on ebay. 60 bucks takes em if you want them. They've never been installed, but I did take a couple out to look em over and test them out. The other two rings are still in the original packaging. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.