FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently recharged A/C with a kit from Duracool and seemed to work well (40* vent,30psi low side). Called company help line and was suggested to add A/C OilChill (4 ozs) but now warmer (60*) and higher low side pressure (50) according to supplied gauge. Did I overcharge and how can I get it back to intial state. Total cans are 1 refrigerant, 1 sealer and the one OilChill for a total of about 14 ozs.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
You definitly need oil in the compressor or it's not going to last long. If the system was completely empty I'm sure it still needs some freon. There is probably a tag under the hood that will tell you the capacity of the A/C system. The capacity on my '97 is 28 oz. if I remember right and 42 oz. on my '88.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
If the refrigerant slowly leaked out then your system probably still had its oil. If your going to add oil only add the type that the system currently has in it, its never a good idea to mix oil types in an A/C system.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
truckdude239 said:
your over charged pressure should be around 30-35 low and 200-225 high side
After doing some research I discovered his system should take 28oz of refrigerant. There is no way he is overcharged with only 16oz. Was the pressure reading taken while the A/C was on? Why did you use Duracool when you could have used R-134a for cheaper?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry everyone for my delay in responding. I read somewhere were "wacking" the A/C relays on firewall sometimes helps A/C so Idid. The result was the A/C now runs very well and I suppose the relay has to be changed. It was the one on the right if facing the firewall. I took the one on the left apart and the wires, contacts and connections look fine. So thanks for your help!! It is now cold but slower and is bearable to drive now in our heatwave here on Vancouver Isalnd.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts