FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes I have heard to Dry NOS, it is better than Wet NOS on your engine. wet NOS is mixed with your fuel, and is hard on your engine. but Dry NOS isnot mixed with your fuel. and doen't hurt your engine at all. but Dry NOS don't give hight hp numbers like wet NOS gives you, but you don't have to worry about your engine. The Hp gain taht your looking at with Dry NOS is like 68 hp but it is rated at 75 hp, so it all depends on the engine

JustinGT :twisted:

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Dry NOS kits are all different prices but different companys. The Dry NOS kit is installed into the air intake tub, you just drill a hole and install the injector for the dry NOS, pretty sweet huh. You will have to look at all the NOS companys to find an actual price.

JustinGT :twisted:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Lets reason between wet and dry nitrous.

When you add nitrous, you are adding air into your engine. Whithout fuel, your fuel system HAS to try and compensate for the extra fuel. Most of the time, it cant. Your engine runs very lean causing your engine to burn your pistons.

A wet kit injects the proper ammount of fuel with your extra air. Most of the time, your ECU doesn't see it and your engine doesn't burn pistons.

Sounds like someone is feeding you a line of bullshit!!! There is no way I would spray Nitrous dry...unless it is a 10 HP spray. Almost nearly nothing.

Tom

·
Registered
410 Posts
How do you trick the computer? With a chip? When you find a dry system that includes a chip, let me know. The dry kits I have seen push 50 to 75 HP without a chip. If a fuel system can barely handle 5 PSI of boost without running lean, a 50 HP dry shot, the feul system cant keep up. Plain and simple.

The best system is the Direct Port setup.

Tom

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah, you can get away with jacking up the fuel pressure, but for the safety of the engine, and since we aren't changing the computer, a wet system makes a lot of sense. The wet system is probably the easiest system to deal with. That and if you are going hunting for serious power, the electronics need to change.

·
Registered
111 Posts
well lets see here?? hmmmmm guess my 60 shot of DRY n2o means nothing?? ive been runnin dry setup for over a month and im on my 2nd bottle now and havent had a proablem. ill tell ya this much. people need to read more about things before the speak. i love my setup and would recommend it to anyone. doesnt take much skill, easy to use, cheap compared to turbo, yes i agree it has less hp gain, but if people dont have the cash to spend on a turbo setup, they could get alot faster and have fun with the GAS!! turbo- lots and lots of tunning, lots and lots of down time, good hp gains. N2O- cheap, an hour and half to install, no tuning reguired, just put 93 octaine in, fill the tank. instant hp!! i just think the war between n2o and turbo will go on 4 ever, doesnt matter who u talk to, ideas and veiws will differ, all it boils down to is how much money ya got?? THATS ALL!! wether its turbo or n2o u will have proablems, doesnt mater!! so on a last note. if someone wants to get n2o, incourage them, but let them know that ther can be proablems if not used right! this is a board to help and educate, not to distract and to miseducate. if someone wants n2o or turbo, they need to read up on what they want to do and what purpose they want ther car for!! wet doesnt hurt or dry doesnt hurt, BS, they both will hurt if not installed right or ur car is not runnning right. just depends on ur setup and what way u want it to run and what hp ratings u want!
oh yea, if my speeling or what not is not right ohwell, i was pissed when i read this crap. i think its BS that someone post not knowing what ther talking about or havent tried!!! and if u dont like the answers i have givin i dont care. im only here to help the ones who need it!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
hmm..no one has said it yet, so maybe if i explain it this way, newwer ppl will understand.

Dry kit goes into intake. therefore are and more fuel is consumed.

Wet kit is BEST method which is why it is so expensive. This is because nitrous doesnt do anything when held to spark w/ out mixing with fuel first. So it get mixed better going into the injectors than it would going into intake manifold. Now, the whole fuel consumption thing. Its gonna be the same w/ a wet kit because the stuff gets mixed with the fuel first so the engine doesnt know there is extra air in the block. WICH is good because you wont have to worry about over compensating fuel. Technically, the nitrous doesnt really count for air.. its considered an oxidiser. wet kit is also the safest route because both kits are going to increase heat on the motor, however the wet kit like i said, keeps the stock fuel and air pattern without the "tricking" that the dry kits do. THats why they are cheaper, less effective all around.

if u've got money, go wet because ur engine will love you more for it.

if u wanna stay a cheap effective hp boost, go dry. Just plan on rebuildin the engine sooner down the road than w/ a wet kit.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Ok say you've already turbo'd your car and you want to add some N2O...would dry or wet kit be better? i had planned on turboing my 1.8. taking it to the track and seeing what i can get. then after that I was thinking about an n2o kit for it. Any suggestions?

note: i plan on going with a full boost controller, timing and all the latest computer gizmos to keep it tuned.

·
Registered
111 Posts
james if u want n2o with the turbo id use a dry setup. cause if u have turbo ur goina have all the goodies already beefed up, also u wont need much hp shot to help it spool up. id say a little 40-50 shot dry kit and ud b fine!! hell even a 35 shot would b good to just help out, wouldnt need much! also the dry kit comes with the solinoid that hooks up to ur fuel pressure regulator so when u push the juice it ups the fuel pressure to add to the shot ur giving!!
the avarage cost to fill n2o around here is 40-45 bucks for a 10lb bottle!

·
Registered
410 Posts
wickedwagon2,

A good friend has a 75 HP Nitrous Express "wet" kit installed on his 1998 ZX2. Has been running it for over 2 1/2 years. Come talk to me after you have had your system installed for that ammount of time.

And for what it's worth, I installed the kit. I know how it works, I know the theory, and I know what I am talking about. 60 HP dry shot. Oh my. Start spraying for power...real power. You have no choice but to go with a wet kit.

Why dont you install an Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor and an Air Fuel guage then talk to me. My Buddy's ZX2 stays at almost perfect mix. Do you think yours does? I will bet it doesnt.

Tom

·
Registered
111 Posts
i do have an a/f guage, fuel pressure gauge, oil temp gauge, volts gauge, oil pressure gauge, tach, temp gauge, i have all i need. i could run 80 shot if i wanted to, just add more fuel. I put my kit on also, woopie, anyone can do that!! its not hard to run n2o. Also ive had a 85 dodge shelby charger, boost at 20psi and a 50 shot on it over a year. ive had a 72 chevy nova with 250 shot on it! my brother had a 69 z28 with 250 shot. i know what im doing and what im talking about!! ive been sniffing n2o for many many years now!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts