FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Dropzone lowering springs are any good. I don't want to buy a spring that only works for half a year. Also I would like to know some good brands for the struts. Where is the best store to get a good price? Any help will be appropriated.

· Registered
7 Posts
Don't know about the Dropzone springs personally, so here we go with shock absorber spew.. I've used Eibach's with good luck in the past.
KYB offers the GR-2/Excel-G, which is basically an OEM shock, and then up the line are the AGX with adjustable dampening controls. Great for tweaking...

Monroe's Reflex line is excellent for the price, basically on par with a GR-2 to me, but sometimes the Sensa-Trac's aren't worth it..YMMV, depends on what you use the car for and how it acts for you specifically. I've stuck with Sensa-Tracs for my MacPherson strut vehicles, been happy with 'em for years.

There's also Tokico, but since I only install them by special request, I'm not familiar with their line up.

There's other quality brands for shocks, especially if you want adjustable dampening. Me myself, I'm more experienced with 4x4/offroad suspension tweaking, so someone else can hopefully add more performance minded ideas here.

I get parts off RockAuto almost exclusively. For some performance bits and pieces, SummitRacing might offer you better results.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
i don't have ersonal experience with the dropzones, but a lot of people have used them because they're cheap and i've read a lot of complaints about how overly stiff they are. i'm running megan racing 2" drop springs and i love them. they cost about the same as dropzones and, from what i've read, everyone who runs them likes them, a lot of people on dropzones aren't so fond of them. the tokico s/r struts are a pretty perfect complement to the megans, or if you wanna go a bit more expensive the s/r's with eibach 1.8" drop springs is one of the favotire setups around here, as that's what was used from the factory on the zx2 s/r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.