FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since the Type R was unimpressive to a few of you. I'll show you a few things I spotted Christmas Eve. If you say you can beat these then you're either Blade on a good day or 545hpgt from ERDT.

2002 SS Vert, 4 sp Auto 325 hp LS1 V8


1998 Trans Am Ttops, 4 sp Auto 1st year of the 305 hp LS1 V8


2000 Camaro Z28 Vert, M6 310 hp LS1 V8 Body kit, Chrome 5 spoke Rims


and now for the ass shots :D






:wink: I want all three of them
 

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
Joined
·
9,870 Posts
hey watch the totty, there are kids in this room :!:
I like them but I fint the Pontiac a little boy racerlook at me over the top needless visual elements styling. T/A even more so than the base Firebird. The ram air one, yet more. I liked the Camaro when it got those nice flush and organically styled headlights. I love th epower of all of 'em, but why does it have to be so much less than a corvette? If I'm getting a sport coupe that I can't afford anyway, It'd be a corvette, well for that matter it may as well be a Murcielago(sp?). but I do agree with your drooling subjects :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
MadBrad said:
I love th epower of all of 'em, but why does it have to be so much less than a corvette? :p
Has to do with the breathing, cams and intake plumbing... If you work on the exhaust as well as the intake, then change the cams in the Camaro SS, then you can bring it up to what the Corvette puts out maybe more.. :)

I like the "flaming chicken" myself especially the Firehawk.

A friend has an earlier model Trans Am with built up small block and a supercharger. Puts out close to 400hp and 360tq at the wheels (and they are not finished with it yet... )

:)

MrVermin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrvermin said:
MadBrad said:
I love th epower of all of 'em, but why does it have to be so much less than a corvette? :p
Has to do with the breathing, cams and intake plumbing... If you work on the exhaust as well as the intake, then change the cams in the Camaro SS, then you can bring it up to what the Corvette puts out maybe more.. :)

I like the "flaming chicken" myself especially the Firehawk.

A friend has an earlier model Trans Am with built up small block and a supercharger. Puts out close to 400hp and 360tq at the wheels (and they are not finished with it yet... )

:)

MrVermin
sorta. The 2001-2002 Z28/SSs have the LS6 Manifolds (intake and exhaust), some have the LS6 block, and all have an upgraded camshaft which add about 20-30+hp but GM never said anything about that. The SS hood scoop only adds 5 hp at highway speeds over the Z28.

To make an LS1 into an LS6 you'd have to mess with the timing, put on a bigger throttle body, raise the redline, and then raise the fuel cutout. It's not easy to do, so people just do LS6 swaps and get it overwith. :p

It is only ONE camshaft, LS1/LS6 V8s are pushrod OHV engines, making some of the biggest power from small block low displacement V8s...and people say that the OHV technology is antiquated. :wink:

Your friend is making less torque than hp in his TA? Thats odd. normally small block Chevys are quite big on torque production.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
James92Scort said:
Your friend is making less torque than hp in his TA? Thats odd. normally small block Chevys are quite big on torque production.
yeah, I thought that that was odd, but "SHE" had a friend of her's play with the computer and he ended up writing custom code for it, she is also using a weird cam profile... :?

I'll try to talk with her when she is back in town (she went on a "driveabout" with the car a few months ago)

MrVermin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mrvermin said:
James92Scort said:
Your friend is making less torque than hp in his TA? Thats odd. normally small block Chevys are quite big on torque production.
yeah, I thought that that was odd, but "SHE" had a friend of her's play with the computer and he ended up writing custom code for it, she is also using a weird cam profile... :?

I'll try to talk with her when she is back in town (she went on a "driveabout" with the car a few months ago)

MrVermin
She... hmmm :notworthy: Ask her I'd like to hear about what she's running. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeffescortlx said:
James92Scort said:
... If you say you can beat these then you're either Blade on a good day or 545hpgt from ERDT.
So what are the stock 1/4 mile times on these car?
Depends on transmission/driver/elevation/track conditions/weather/etc.... but...

00 Z28: 13.4-13.9
98 Trans Am: 13.4-13.9
02 SS: 13.0-13.5

....all stock... :)

I'm sure Blade can run with these cars...if not fairly close to them.

And 545hpgt runs as low as 11.22s so far, so um yeah. :p
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top